Duplo 5000 Stitcher

If you're talking about a folded sig, then I think the answer is no. They're designed to collate flat sheets, stitch them, fold them, then trim.

If I understand the question correctly, you can if you have the hand marrying station. Just insert the pre-collated booklet and it works just fine.

Well....don't have experience with the 5000-series collators (I am familiar with the DC-10000-series), but a 4-page sig should feed fine through that system into the bookletmaker. The main issue will be the disproportionate pile height bewteen the folded side and the loose side. You will likely have to put a small stack in the bin(s), keeping sure the folded side is as flat as possible. You will likely have to turn OFF the doubles detector because of its thickness.

You should also try contacting DUPLO Tech Support(!) if you haven't already.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back