Duplo CC-229 slitter output problem

shroberts_cpc

Hi everyone, I'm dealing with an issue on our Duplo CC-229 business card slitter. It seems that, after slitting, some of the vertical trimmed pieces are going into the waste container as expected but most of the horizontal trimmings and the rest of the vertical ones are landing in the stacker with the finished business cards. As you might imagine, this creates quite a mess. The cuts are perfect but we are having to spend precious extra minutes cleaning the output of trimmed pieces. Our service tech insists that there is nothing wrong even though no other stores I've spoken with that have the same machine are having this issue. As one would expect from a major retail chain there is no formal training on any of these devices. Does anyone here have any thoughts on what might be happening here?

Thanks for your input

Does this happen with various kinds of stocks? check if another stock or another grain direction solves the issue. If not, check for obstructions along the paper path and in the slitter cassette that would prevent the trim from falling in. Are the rollers repositionable? Try moving them. I'm not familiar with the internals of that machine, unfortunately. Just throwing out there what I would do to figure this out. Taking a look at the manual, I would zero out the skew adjustment and the slitter alignment, and then max them out, and see if that makes any difference. I would bet though that it's more to do with the substrate than anything

Does this happen with various kinds of stocks? check if another stock or another grain direction solves the issue. If not, check for obstructions along the paper path and in the slitter cassette that would prevent the trim from falling in. Are the rollers repositionable? Try moving them. I'm not familiar with the internals of that machine, unfortunately. Just throwing out there what I would do to figure this out. Taking a look at the manual, I would zero out the skew adjustment and the slitter alignment, and then max them out, and see if that makes any difference. I would bet though that it's more to do with the substrate than anything
Thanks for responding.
I'll give it a shot tomorrow when I'm back at work. We pretty much exclusively use a matte coated card stock in that machine. I'll try it with some un-coated 110lb and see what happens. I'm afraid to make any adjustments to the skew or anything else for that matter due to lack of training. No access to manuals either. I will take out the slitter cartridge and examine it and the paper path as well.

Thanks for responding.
I'll give it a shot tomorrow when I'm back at work. We pretty much exclusively use a matte coated card stock in that machine. I'll try it with some un-coated 110lb and see what happens. I'm afraid to make any adjustments to the skew or anything else for that matter due to lack of training. No access to manuals either. I will take out the slitter cartridge and examine it and the paper path as well.
No problem. I found a manual here: Duplo DocuCutter CC-229 Operational Manual | Manualzz

May be of use to you.

I would try placing a fan near it to see if you can blow the extra pieces back into the waste container as the pieces run through.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back