During Film Load Error # 6 on Avantra 44

Riz Khan

Hi,

I am facing problem on Avantra 44 Error # 6 ( Film Jam ) during film loading, film move and stop in the middle of drum, I checked all media movement parts are working OK specially NIP Assy, sensors are OK specailly supply feed sensor, DEC parameters are OK.

If someone knows what is the solution, kindly advise.

regards

Riz

1.Does Film stop in the middle of the drum in both cases: Cassette A or B loading?
2. Film stops, but did you see flappers start?

Last edited:
Hi,

Yes film stops in the middle of drum with both Cassette A & B and film stops before flapper start, we have also checked flapper test which is OK.

regards

You have some sort of problem with a middle roller (which moves to A or B roller).
Check the rollers pressure first using narrow 4" piece of film. You have to check 3 points as minimum - in the middle and left and right edges. Pressure is OK if the rollers rotate when you pull out that piece of film.
My idea: you have a wrong film counting issue.
Rollers rotate but feed not enough film into the drum because low roller pressure.
And I suspect broken plastic part, that part is a middle roller holder and that holder has bronze or brass bushing.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back