Agfa Avantra 30 spinner shutdown - Error 17

cazanradudaniel

Hello,

I have a Avantra 30 with this problem:
During boot everything is ok, but after a couple of minutes of imaging the spinner shuts down and the error 17 appears. I tried another spinner but the same result.
Could it be the power supply or DEC board.
Can I make some tests to exclude any of this?

Can any help me?

Thank you in advance!

Hello,

I have a Avantra 30 with this problem:
During boot everything is ok, but after a couple of minutes of imaging the spinner shuts down and the error 17 appears. I tried another spinner but the same result.
Could it be the power supply or DEC board.
Can I make some tests to exclude any of this?

Can any help me?

Thank you in advance!

Does it happen for all the resolutions when the film is being imaged or only a specific resolution? For start, I would suggest to disable the Spinner Idle in the Engine configuration using UNIDIAG or AVDIAG.

Spinner Idle = Disabled

Hope this will help!

Last edited:
Error 17 is a Spinner Over Speed warning and will result in spinner shut down. Over speed is a calculation of spinner encoder pulses over a given time frame. I don't believe that the encoder pulses are fed back to the DEC for calculation so it's probably done on the CSDM (Carriage Bd.). If you have one of them, then try replacing it. There's no adjustment to make when replacing the CSDM, it just replace and run it.

The machine was operational when the Spinner Idle state was being disabled in the engine configuration as far as I noticed or perhaps I missed this. There is no reason to go through the cost of the replacement of CSDM or the chips on the DEC board when machine is operational.I have seen this on many Avantra machines which have worked for years without spinner being on idle state.

Last edited:
We have the same issue. We will get a error 17 when we run resolutions above 1800 dpi. 2400 and 3600 are not usable. I have replaced the Carriage board with no change to the error. Any other ideas?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back