Dynamic PDF proofing with pdf forms?

Akumaownz

Hello people,

I have started a new job in labels and I am trying to find a more efficient way of pdf proofing. A the moment we are making dynamic pdf proofs of each label. This is quite time consuming, each label needs quite a lot of information like roll direction, stock, quantity etc etc.

To do this at the moment these are the steps.

1. Create a pdf of the label that requires proofing.
2. Select a dynamic pdf template with the form fields (roll direction, stock, quantity etc etc).
3. Open the pdf of the label and cut the contents out using pitstop.
4. Paste the label into the pdf template and fill out the form fields.
5. Save the pdf by using the Extend Features in Acrobat reader.
6. Email off to client.

One of the big problems here is steps 3,4,5,6 need to be done every-time the proof needs an alteration (accept for the fill out the fields bit). Also I am a bit scared of cutting and pasting using pitstop.

Can anyone think of a better way of doing this?

There are things that we can do with "fillable forms" within Enfocus FullSwitch or PowerSwitch along with PitStop Server or callas pdfToolbox, maybe some Apago tools too. The "extended features" might be a bit tricky.

I've got a Switch workflow that does a lot of functions dynamically using Switch's client application to provide the necessary information. This flow can probably be adapted.

Akuma, it would appear that I deleted your email before responding to it. Please send it again, I have the screen shots ready.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back