EBooks outsell print books at Amazon

It's unfortunate, the scariest part is how many people actually agree to the EULA when they buy Kindle E-book, I read it and would never agree to it.

At least with a printed book, after I buy it, it is mine.

It doesn't surprise me. I still like a book. The smell, feel, and how personal you can get with a book. If you like reading you and a book will become one..... The new generation is not like that. E-books will never look back. Put a fork in it!

John Weaver

I wonder if in years to come, we'll be walking round charity shops - with old books on the shelves - looking at them like they are some type of extinct media, like VHS.

Apparently Amazon skews the numbers a lot...Each of these authors sell tens to hundreds of millions of print books around the world, so total e-book sales don’t even approach 1% of print sales, and Amazon won’t break down e-sales by specific title.

eBook vs. Hardcover: Beyond the Headlines | Digital Book World

According to the USA Today unpublished authors sell the best at $ .99 an ebook. On their top 100 list paperbacks outsell ebooks.

Authors catch fire with self-published e-books - USATODAY.com

I admit to being a Kindle user! However, apart from the huge sociological issues that we all should be very worried about, I'm finding it puts me off new authors. The Kindle bestselling list is almost all very cheap titles from self published authors and out of copyright classics that have been turned into Kindle books. Some of the books I've read are pretty good and with a lot of polishing could have made fine books. But oh boy do they need a decent editor! They are littered with grammatical mistakes, plot holes and general dross that a professional editor would have helped put right. However, in the kindle world the authors of the self-published "bestsellers" don't have the money to employ an editor!

Kindle books may be outselling paper books, but the numbers would be VERY different if we eliminated SELF published and out of copyright works from the equation. We would see a very different picture then, especially as a Kindle book is generally more expensive compared to "bestselling" paper books.

And why do they charge so much for unprinted, intangible, and format-less pieces of information?

:rolleyes:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back