ECRM Mako 46 have a problem

The test#2 you posted is good. This meens your laser electronic board is calibrated/working correctly (no droop problem). What resolution is this test that you printed?

If he used test pattn #2, the image is always generated at 2540.

I have a mako 46. Since a year now we have a communication error or imager not found when the machine is idle for a few hours. We then have to switch off and on repeatedly until the imager is found again. Any one can help? Thank you

anilhans, what RIP do you exactly have - Mac or PC, version, what SCSI board in the computer. Your problem is usually caused by the scsi controller board computer side, either hardware or driver/OS related.

Imager Not Found

Imager Not Found

anilhans, what RIP do you exactly have - Mac or PC, version, what SCSI board in the computer. Your problem is usually caused by the scsi controller board computer side, either hardware or driver/OS related.

Hi . Ours is PC connection. scsi board 2330CU.

Regards

In that case maxon gave you a clue "where to dig the hole" - may be you need new SCSI brd driver for your Windows version (BTW what's yours now?) because old drivers from your CD installer I bet, were for Win NT.

In that case maxon gave you a clue "where to dig the hole" - may be you need new SCSI brd driver for your Windows version (BTW what's yours now?) because old drivers from your CD installer I bet, were for Win NT.

Hi Vlad/Maxon

Is there a link from where I can downlaod a new driver .Please kindly advise.

Regards

anilhans,
Depending on what Harlequin rip version you have you must install a specific Windows OS on the computer platform. An old Harlequin will not work with Vista or XP. What RIP version is it you have exactly ?
2. If the operating system is legitimate for that particular RIP version then you can download a scsi driver from Microsoft's website or whatever.
3. Following driver installation power up your mako machine, wait until you see the 'online' message on its display then start up your computer and determine if the computer's scsi card has detected the output device as SCSI ID #6.
4. Expand the scsi card entry (triangle) in your device manager to see the device correctly identified as 'scsipel'. The 'scsipel' device driver will be automatically installed from the RIP's installation CD/kit.
5. If you manage to start up the RIP successfully you should be able to change the 'Device' menu from 'Preview' into Mako 46 , that means the RIP did indeed recognize the imagesetter. That's it. Now try to output something, or do a film feed, or send a film cut command, the mako should respond.
6. Never ever unplug the scsi cable until you shut down both machines. I've seen a lot of similar Adaptec cards damaged especially the CU series. Try to get a different Adaptec card depending on what cable connector do you have. For instance Adaptec AHA-2940 which is much more robust, the 2940 has a 68-pin high density connector on its back.

Again, tell us what RIP do you have and what Windows OS have you already installed.

Imageable area?

Imageable area?

Hello, I have a Mako 4600 / Harlequin RIP

I have 18" wide roll installed but I can't seem to expose my image any bigger than 14.125 inches wide. There is a 2" margin on both sides. Anyone know how I would fix this?

Check "Page Layout" at Page Setup first.
May be you use default page size and don't override it over application programms.

You may also have wrong ppd selected, or in case of printing thru old Quark version, check the film width before pressing print button.

SOL signal level adjustment-ECRM VR 45 Scriptsetter

SOL signal level adjustment-ECRM VR 45 Scriptsetter

First I want thank you for the answers.
The trouble began in January of this year, when i look the film and verify that are a light stripes from left to right on 80% screening. You can see on attachment 01.jpg .

These light stripes were not always present, so we continued the work. Afther defect is changed and make work impossible. You can see on attachment 02.jpg and 03.jpg.

Then we called a qualified engineer. This man have cleaned a lens near a film side, on the right looking by laser (laser SOL sensor i think), after he has checked the voltages on the card and corrected a tension that was 0.5 V lower.

@spapa
The engineer also checked >menu, diagnostics, spinner test, start test etc.< and was amazed at the perfection of the values.

Finally adjusted the laser BIAS and corrected two trimmers on laser group. That's all.

Mako now works well, but sometimes has a not previously presented defect.
Yo can see on 04.jpg. It seems that the points are deformed from left to right.

Now i think that first defect is a laser and that last defect is a spinner.
But I still don't understand why the Mako controls (>menu, diagnostics, spinner test, start test etc.<) give the correct values??!!

The fault now is really unusual, but when it si present on 64x44 film is a waste of money.

The engineer says that the LASER/SPINNER group is at the end of life.. What do you think?
Thanks

Does anyone know how to do the SOL level adjustment.I got the same problem with my Imagesetter and I understand I have to adjust the SOL signal Level.How do I go about

In company whe work with a ECRM Mako 46 but are several months that we
have problems with the LASER / SPINNER.
In the attached picture you can find that there's a widespread problem.
Let me know if there are remedies, suggestions...
What are the repair costs?

Thanks

Where do you locate? I may help
Leo

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back