ECRM Mako 56 System Error 3

LUIS AVILA

I have a problems with a ECRM Mako 56

System Error 3 appears frecuently. Also sometimes system error 2

I just replace the main board because in the display appears only black squares with any error information. Now I have all the functions back everything is ok even the film output is ok the density also is ok.

I exchange the mini coax cable between main board and laser unit. Also I clean spinner mirror.

But the error still same.

Thank you for your help.

Luis,

The error you are getting can be caused by two things.
1. SOL not adjusted correctly
2. Laser Diode is going.

You may need new optics assembly.

STSTech

I have a problems with a ECRM Mako 56

System Error 3 appears frecuently. Also sometimes system error 2

I just replace the main board because in the display appears only black squares with any error information. Now I have all the functions back everything is ok even the film output is ok the density also is ok.

I exchange the mini coax cable between main board and laser unit. Also I clean spinner mirror.

But the error still same.

Thank you for your help.

Luis Avila, garbage on the recorder LCD is caused by four things - bad main controller board, bad eproms, bad power supply or wiring harness. You say replacing the mainboard cured this problem but still have err. 2 and 3. You definitely need a trained engineer to investigate further. There are specific procedures to help the engineer understand what's going on. SOL can only be checked and adjusted by a trained guy, no way around it.

Did you replace the mainboard yourself or was it a trained engineer ? Is the replacement board new ? Have you moved the eproms to the new board ?

Maxon, thank you for your interest. I´m service other imagesetters Agfa Avantra, Linotronic, Herkules. My experience is almost 20 years since 1994. But not in MAKO is too few around and is not possible to get a trained ECRM engineer around.
So that´s why I replace the main board for a used one that I get from Bob Weber. Also they give me technical support. But I need more opinions to resolve this problem and discard is a problem with main board I just change. That´s why I post in this forum.
My customer say the Mako didn´t have error 3 (really I doubt about it) before I change the main board. I already check the SOL adjustment and for me is ok, but I didn´t adjust because I know need an osciloscope to see the pulse and adjust te get a better pulse, but really is almost imposible this SOL move and most of the times in the imagesetters I know is factory adjustment the only thing I move is a gain pot in the Lino´s to get a better pulse.
I didn´t move the eeproms to the new board, because BW didn´t told me is part of the problem but if you think is a possibility I try asking the procedure with the engineers of BW.

Hi,
I installed a new motherboard and two new eprom on MAKO 56.
I started the imagesetter, no huge error message. But the film does not stop out.
I rebooted the imagesetter but the problem persists.
I disconnected the imagesetter RIP but the problem remains.
what should I do?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back