ECRM VRL 45 imagesetter lines on film

erickimani

Hi, I have a trusty old VRL 45 but recently it has started producing lines across the film on darker screens. The lines are hardly visible when looked at close up with a lens. The lines are evenly spaced out about 1cm apart. Its not banding. I have cleaned the rollers on the film processor and the imagesetter lens but no success. On some of the lines it seems there is an thin overlap while on others it seems there is a hairline gap. Anyone know what this could be please?

There is very common VRL issue from dirty steel or plastic belt at the capstan system.
Try to clean that belt from inside with alcohol and lint-free napkins.
Do not touch any screw and dont try to remove that belt for cleaning!!!
Good luck!

I cannot think of an exact cause for 1cm banding.
I think motor would have step of smaller than 1 mm (because of the belts/dividers) and capstan encoder should have greater that 5cm.

I would check:
motors encoder (back side of motor).
Capstan encoder (on side of capstan opposite to the belts).
Motor.

All the above checks have to be done by qualified personnel.

Same Problem

Same Problem

Hello friend
I wonder if it could solve the problem I'm experiencing the same problem!
I thank you!

Erickimani, you really have to call an ECRM service guy for troubleshooting, it's the drive motor or idler pulley bearings gone. It's going to be a quick inexpensive repair.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back