EFI Colorproof XF 3.1 Problem

I was wondering if anyone else has seen this problem.
When we drop files into the Server Client, or import files they do not appear.
Only way to see them is to quit the client and relaunch.
They will be there but take forever to spool.
Sometimes you never see them till restart.
2003 server, 246 gig free. Quad core processor, 4 gig ram.
So I don't think it is hardware.

Thanks for looking

Reapair COlor proof XF 2.6 to 4.0

Reapair COlor proof XF 2.6 to 4.0

instant solution

Run installer wen question New Installer, Repair or Delete, RUN with REPAIR OPTION SELECTED, and Reintall all service PACK.

This only repair install version, with REPAIR OPTION selected, not delete the setting and custom profiles.

Make bakup from efi PC interface, put this in secure disk "/INSTALL PATH../Server/BAKUP/backup file"

Only put 2 G of Ram.

Install the aplication in separate Disk, not in default directory or system disk, make the definitive instalation in dedicated and fast HD 10k or 15k RPM, separate of Sytem disk, in this same disk can create shared Hotfolder

Restore from Bakup, for restore all setting and custom icc profiles.

This error is common wen part of the data is fragmented in the RAM, or Page File and Temp Files are in same Disk of System,

-Some or both produce the error.

I re-installed the software. Seems to work.
I never had the temp files on the same disk though.
I guess running for a couple of years fine might have made some corruptions :)

Thanks,

If I'm not forget that time when my windows hang, windows get to reboot again no problem. But Efi after reboot can't process files anymore.

We can process maybe 30 files before I have to do something in order for it to work again.
Seems a repair, or a restore gets it going again. Neither one is guaranteed to work. I do one and see, then the other.
Machine is fresh with no other issues. Maybe the PDF's are crashing the CPSI on a regular basis and corrupting the works. Anyway going to put in a 4.1 upgrade today.
Hope that works.

EFI 4.1 same problem.
Works fine for a while then goes jobs do not show up.
Relaunch client and they come up as spooling as unknown format.

So far EFI support is no help.

Ooy

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back