EFI ColorProof XF v4

Stussy

Anyone else upgraded to XF v4 out there?

Any problems or issues to report?

I've upgraded from 3.1.8 to version 4, and am thinking of downgrading for now due to some bugs that really shouldn't be there ...

I just upgraded to 4. What types of bugs do you have?
We had an issue with the spot color tables, but it got somehow resolved.

Stussy,

What kind of problems are you having with? We're thinking of doing the same thing in the next few weeks.

Well my XF 3.1 server was on W2K Server, and v4 doesn't support this. But I am running it on it anyway for now, which is probably where most of my issues are coming from. Am hoping to change over to XP in the next day or so.

In my current setup (v4 on W2K server, OSX 10.4 & 10.5 clients):
I am unable to connect a profile to an EPL file.
If I import a TIF image, and scale it numerically, say to 50%, it will print at full size.(The preview is correct though) If I nest the scaled image it prints fine.

I'm also stunned that the 'Job Location' has now been moved to the users 'Documents and Settings' location, which is normally on the system drive.
On my 3.1 setup, I had 160GB on C as system, and had installed EFI XF on a striped 320GB volume. So the system drive was left to itself, and I had plenty of space for jobs. Not the case with v4. I think this should have been an installation option.

I have noticed a slight speed increase, even running an unsupported OS.
Server config: 2 x Dual Core 3GHz Xeons, 4GB Ram, LSI Raid card

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back