EFI impose vs Quite impose for Fiery Rip

JeffreyOffutt

I am looking to purchase either Fiery Impose to go with my Fiery Compose or a third party software called Quite Impose. Does anyone have any feedback on this subject?
Thanks

With Quite you can impose files and output them anywhere. I know that there isn't much you can't do with Quite Imposing, not sure about Fiery Impose limitations.

EFI compose will lock you to Fiery so if you decide to go creo or something else later on your out of luck. Customers I have that are aware quite usually chose quite over the impose dongle. Impose does come with acrobat and pitstop so keep that in mind. You can export PDF's from fiery impose should you want to use it on another printer. I think Impose and Compose are sold in a bundle called seequence. Compose is engine specific (it serves no purpose without a machine) unless you do a lot of mixed media not really worth it I don't think.

Dont touch the Fiery stuff very poor software, use a 3rd party program, it will give you more flexibility. Only get the Fiery stuff if they bundle it with everything else and you get it free!

A

Health care job descriptions

Health care job descriptions

Hi

I read some opinion in this topic. I do not agree above ideal. We can find out some articles at about.com, I think that it is useful for our community.

Rgs

For a lot less money, you can get our hot folder based, fully automated imposition solution called Impostrip On Demand (ec. edition) for $990. It can handle all binding methods, does automatic creep correction, page adjustments and a lot more.

Every hot folder can output to a different device, with its own parameters.

To convince yourself, you can try a complete version for free. Download request is on our web site at www. imposition .com.

Hope this helps,
Best,
Ray Duval
Ultimate Technographics

raymond @ imposition.com

EFI impose vs Quite impose for Fiery Rip

We have both, but use Quite Imposing Plus for virtually everything.

Fiery Compose is OK for basic stuff (I've not really looked at the latest version - Sequence); Quite will do just about anything.

The main question is where you want to do the imposing. I prefer to handle imposition in pre-press and send press sheets down to the Fiery. All the printer operator needs to do then is print. I don't really want the print operator having to get involved in imposition.

Having tempted at many commercial printers, implants and copy shops my experience is as follows:

In an EFI Fiery RIP only digital only environment the Impose USB Dongle works well with EFI Command Workstation on Macs and Windows and on the Fiery RIP itself of course.

In a mixed EFI and others digital only environment it is also fine, but check it is compatible with your copiers RIP first - easy method is to download EFI Command Workstation onto your mac or pc and see if it can connect and manipulate print files on your copier's RIP. You can also try out the demo version of Impose which is included with EFI Command Workstation.

When it is not a digital only environment you can only use EFI Impose on your digital machines.

Is it worth four or five grand (£4000 British Pounds)? No, but if it is thrown in to sweeten a copier deal then maybe.

Alternatively you can pick them up second hand from eBay etc.

Finally (and this is the big point) if you have a stand alone imposition program you can impose for any printing system be it digital, offset litho, screen, wide format, etc.

My personal favourites are Acrobat plug-ins Quite Imposing and Pitstop.

These are also much cheaper and transferable i.e. you can sell them on eBay when you upgrade.

We have both, I rarely touch Fiery Impose. We also use Quite for Offset imposition and for our large format HP Designjet.

Mike

Quite Imposing Plus. You can program sequences so that even your most complex imposition can be a single mouse click away. Readers spreads to print spreads in 1 click. 24 up BC matching fronts to backs in 1 click (gang multiple jobs). Scale documents. Add page numbers, consecutive numbering. Shift pages. Creep pages. Define bleeds. Shuffle 1-up numbered tickets into N-up cutting stacks. Much more. The best tool we ever bought. Paid for itself on the first day.

We have Fiery Impose, and Pitstop Pro. I have to say that we have occasionally encountered bugs with Impose, that made it un-usable with PPML files for months, until they fixed it with a patch. Other than that, it has been quick, and easy, but lacks options, such as rotating certain pages a different direction on the sheet. Pitstop Pro has imposition, but you have to learn it, as using it isn't common sense. Quite Imposing looks to me like the best all around option, though I have never used it. With the price of the v10 upgrade to Pitstop Pro, we just buy Quite Imposing Plus, and give it a shot.

We dropped Pitstop Pro. Between the features built into Acrobat and QI+, their price just wasn't worth it anymore.

We have Fiery Impose, and Pitstop Pro. I have to say that we have occasionally encountered bugs with Impose, that made it un-usable with PPML files for months, until they fixed it with a patch. Other than that, it has been quick, and easy, but lacks options, such as rotating certain pages a different direction on the sheet. Pitstop Pro has imposition, but you have to learn it, as using it isn't common sense. Quite Imposing looks to me like the best all around option, though I have never used it. With the price of the v10 upgrade to Pitstop Pro, we just buy Quite Imposing Plus, and give it a shot.

FYI: Fiery Impose does allow you to rotate pages individually to a different direction on the sheet. Just click on the "toggle sheet content" button - then you will see generic page icons with the page numbers and a rotate arrow. You can click to rotate individual pages, or "control-click" to rotate all even or odd pages and you can even click on the page number and change the page for that position. Works exceptionally well when imposing gangs of various qtys of business card orders. Once done, just click on the "toggle sheet content" button again to see your final layout preview.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back