Embossing on Heidelberg Cylinder

BenCruise

Hello,

We have a Heidelberg Cylinder and have been die-cutting for many years, however have never tried embossing/debossing. Recently were aquired a Honeycomb chase which we are lead to believe will now enable us to emboss. Would love to get some info how to go about doing this as dont want to try it with out some advice, for fear of smashing up the cylinder.

Too complicated. I think you would need a flexible counter for the cylinder, which I don't see available so you would have to go old school and create in on press which is unrealistic for your first counter. (It's a chore on a platen press. On a cylinder it might be considered crazy.) Look up "create emboss die counter".
Embossing is a bit of an art form of makeready beyond which I would care to undertake on a cylinder.
I operate a Heidy cylinder and windmills.
If I had to I might make it happen. Might
Ask over at Briarpress.org

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back