ENFOCUS ACTION IN APOGEE X

I have what seems to be a very simple requirement that is proving impossible to get to work.

Using Apogee X v4 I want to create a screen PDF as a sub flow on a hot ticket. I have downloaded the Enfocus Make Ultra Thin Proof action and imported that into X. I have tried applying this as a preflight profile and also as a seperate action list preflight TP. I have tried putting the preflight profile on the export TP as a certify action and pretty much every other combination under the sun. Yes I do get differing file sizes as a result but the action is not doing what it is meant to. First major thing being it isn't converting PDF to RGB?

I already have a screen PDF output using Export TP with lo res image selected and a 72dpi threshold but this is not small enough for many of my files.

I run the action on the same file within Pitstop (inside Acrobat 6 Professional) and save the file down, no problem action applied conversion done and tiny size PDF.

Any one got any ideas?

Re: ENFOCUS ACTION IN APOGEE X

It very well may be that the PitStop library Apogee is using is older than what the action list is written for. Further the action list needs tweaking to really be effective.

> {quote:title=Lee Hutchinson wrote:}{quote}
> I have what seems to be a very simple requirement that is proving impossible to get to work.
>
> Using Apogee X v4 I want to create a screen PDF as a sub flow on a hot ticket. I have downloaded the Enfocus Make Ultra Thin Proof action and imported that into X. I have tried applying this as a preflight profile and also as a seperate action list preflight TP. I have tried putting the preflight profile on the export TP as a certify action and pretty much every other combination under the sun. Yes I do get differing file sizes as a result but the action is not doing what it is meant to. First major thing being it isn't converting PDF to RGB?
>
> I already have a screen PDF output using Export TP with lo res image selected and a 72dpi threshold but this is not small enough for many of my files.
>
> I run the action on the same file within Pitstop (inside Acrobat 6 Professional) and save the file down, no problem action applied conversion done and tiny size PDF.
>
> Any one got any ideas?

Hi Lee,

It may be necessary to embed color management preferences into the Action List to get it to convert the color to RGB (although I wouldn't think this necessary).

To do this, edit the 'Make Ultra Thin Proof' action list. Hold down the Shift key and click the 'Add' button. You'll notice an 'OEM' tab now shows in the 'New Action Type' dialog box that appears. Add the 'Color Management' module and move it to the top, select your profiles accordingly, and re-import the action into your ApogeeX sysstem. It may also be helpful to import the profiles you chose in the action into your ApogeeX system as well (if their not already there).

Does this help?

Cheers,
Jon Morgan
Hopkins Printing

That must one old copy of PitStop. Hopefully Agfa has updated Apogee along with the way with some sort of recent PitStop Library update....

> {quote:title=mattbeals wrote:}{quote}
> That must one old copy of PitStop. Hopefully Agfa has updated Apogee along with the way with some sort of recent PitStop Library update....

They support up through version 4.0.0.0 build 53t of the Pitstop Library.

Cheers,
Jon Morgan
Hopkins Printing

Hi Jon,

Thanks for this however when I hold down the shift button and click add I don't get an OEM tab so I can't try it.

Any ideas?

thanks
lee

> {quote:title=Lee Hutchinson wrote:}{quote}
> Hi Jon,
>
> Thanks for this however when I hold down the shift button and click add I don't get an OEM tab so I can't try it.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> thanks
> lee

Hi Lee,

Which version of Pitstop are you using? If it's version 7.x.x, I believe they did away with the OEM tab. In replacement, look through ALL available Action List commands and look for one that says 'Override Color Management Settings". Add that to your action list and move it to the top. From there you can configure the profiles you want to use.

Does this help?
Jon

Hi John,

Thanks for the info, the overide color management did work but not at the top of the action list, I had to put a select all action in first then override colour management then all worked perfectly,

Speak soon
Lee

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back