Envelope Printing

envelopeCornerProtection.jpg

I'd like to see a picture of that!

We have had a Xante Enpress a few months now. We had some issues fusing in the beginning, it seems that the toner would not completely fuse at high speeds. They sent us a new fuser and it's been working great for a few months. Now we are starting to see some of the fusing issues again. Does anyone else have similar issues and or a fix?
Be sure to update your iQueue Software. They made some speed adjustments with the various stock settings. There are fuser temperature settings that they can assist you with by email. Mostly it is choosing the proper stock settings in the iQueue. For example when running carbonless I had to set it to 4 to avoid smears. If you encounter smears set the number higher in the stock settings. This of course slows down the system but is necessary to work well with some stocks.

I have never been able to get #10's to run though my 7110 without having to flap the envelopes, and even then it didn't run well. We run everything through an OKI 931 and it does the job, but slower than I would like. Why do you say they are junk?
I have a Pro 7100s and always have to open #10s or smaller before running them. However, I put about 6 closed envelopes at the bottom of tray 3 and then a little more than 50 opened envelopes on top. I only send 50 at a time, and if it picks up an envelope that isn't opened it jams, but only at the feed point so it's simple to clear. Not efficient but it works.

I can get flap closed #10s to run through the 7200 somewhat but it does dog ear them right before the fuser, not the envelope printing solution I was hoping it might be.

@Shawnd How do you configure the media size for the #10s? The #10 size is 4.125 x 9.49. I pulled an envelope profile from the Master Catalog and it's the size with the flap opened 5.91x9.49. I tried to change the 5.91 to 4.125 and the printer did not accept that value.

(We've been through Oki and Xante and they are junk)

Xante has been trying to sell us a machine for quite a while. Why do you consider them junk? Just curious. Thank You.

Also, has anyone used a Mach 6 printer or any other envelope printer from NeoPost?
I had the the formax version of the mach6 (same box/engine different label) it was a disaster, every couple of weeks there was another issue, it was costing several hundred dollar in parts and labor to fix each time. I finally shelved it and switched to the Xante Enpress and it has been amazing

Oh Xante.

The stories I have.

It is simple machine that has made life extremely complicated.

I have been fortunate enough to learn a lot about this machine due to the engine being a Ricoh SP C821DN re-branded.

Also, because it's a Ricoh, I've been able to cut our consumable cost practically in half.

To answer the first question, do I like our printer. No.

However, there really is no other options at that price point.

We just looked at a machine powered by the Memjet Mach6.
We weren't exactly wowed by the quality or the process its

I would stay away from that memjet, it breaks every few weeks, and the parts and labor are $$$. customers can see the quality deficiencies and it leaves that inkjet "spray pattern" on the entire piece, and that black is not as rich. Customers complained and they machine gave us no end of trouble. run the other way

We regularly run #10, A-7, A-6, A-2 and the larger 9x12 and 10x13 sizes. The biggest complaint is that is slightly refolds the #10s towards the tail. Pretty slight, but it is there. Runs the "A" sizes great, but we open all, but the A-7s.

On the 9x12 and 10x13s we use the vacuum feed trays, but on everything else we use the top bypass tray.
on big envelops i use ever bypass tray 5. Press them, extract the air inside, hevy paper adjust non coated and run!

We have had a Xante EnPress for a year. Total POS. On average we have to clear jams 55 times per box of envelopes.
They have sent 4 replacement doors, replacement drums, parts for the feed conveyor and exit conveyor. Last month Xante
sent a replacement printer. Its even worse that the original. It will not feed more that 6 envelopes without jaming.
I am experiencing the same problem with the Enterprise Feeder. If I get the right box of envelopes I can make it work. If the envelopes have the slightest amount of air they bunch up at the feeder and jam. Just recently the feed roller dropped to the down position and is stuck there. Xante Tech Support gave me the part number for the whole Duplex Door Assembly. That assembly is over $1500 bucks. How were you able to get Xante to send you a new machine and what is your status with Xante now?

I am experiencing the same problem with the Enterprise Feeder. If I get the right box of envelopes I can make it work. If the envelopes have the slightest amount of air they bunch up at the feeder and jam. Just recently the feed roller dropped to the down position and is stuck there. Xante Tech Support gave me the part number for the whole Duplex Door Assembly. That assembly is over $1500 bucks. How were you able to get Xante to send you a new machine and what is your status with Xante now?
We went through 5 doors. It's a known issue with how the spring is attached. We finally have the new style door that uses metal and not a plastic attachment for the spring. Plan about 30 minutes to change and make sure it has the new attachment.

(We've been through Oki and Xante and they are junk)

Xante has been trying to sell us a machine for quite a while. Why do you consider them junk? Just curious. Thank You.

Also, has anyone used a Mach 6 printer or any other envelope printer from NeoPost?
Do you still have your Xante Enpress and do you know what the jam J008 is and how to fix it??

We have had a Xante Enpress a few months now. We had some issues fusing in the beginning, it seems that the toner would not completely fuse at high speeds. They sent us a new fuser and it's been working great for a few months. Now we are starting to see some of the fusing issues again. Does anyone else have similar issues and or a fix?
On my Xante/ Enpress when the life of the fuser goes down you have to start increasing the media weight. So if you usually run carbonless at media weight 60-81gsm then you need to increase it to 106-169 gsm so it fuses and to get the rest of the life out of your fuser.

Do you still have your Xante Enpress and do you know what the jam J008 is and how to fix it??
J008 is paper not feeding from the bypass (the conveyer) could be the feed rollers, maybe the side guide position, how the envelopes are fanned out.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back