epson 9600 banding

ErnieLail

Hi guys,

i am having trouble with my epson 9600 using dye inks. I am getting horizontal banding in my blacks. I ran a nozzle check and it looks fine. It has progressively gotten worse over time and now i can no longer calibrate. Any ideas? I ran cleaning solution through the printer and let it sit over the weekend, but it didnt help.

Do i need a new head? if so, anyone have any tips on DIY?

Thanks in advance!

Ernie

We just had the same issue with a 9800 and had the cleaning station replaced and it solved everything. Now it is working like it was when new.

No it was the dark grays that were the worst. Because any color with a problem would be part of the gray build. Every time we cleaned some other color would struggle. It had a problem cleaning which affected all colors randomly. We just went though this increasingly over the last month and solved it last week.

Hi guys,

i am having trouble with my epson 9600 using dye inks. I am getting horizontal banding in my blacks. I ran a nozzle check and it looks fine. It has progressively gotten worse over time and now i can no longer calibrate. Any ideas? I ran cleaning solution through the printer and let it sit over the weekend, but it didnt help.

Do i need a new head? if so, anyone have any tips on DIY?

Thanks in advance!

Ernie

Just a Heads up, Epson Price Increase on Legacy INKS coming February 1st.
This includes all carts for Stylus Pro 9000, 9500, 3000/5000, 4000, X600 including 10000 & 10600.

Sarah Newman

Shades of Paper
Shades of Paper
Aol IM: sarahcnysales
twitter: sarahatshades

Hands up!
Your money or your life! (C) Boney-M "Ma Backer"
The same sh... is on the way: refill and reset your cartrgs.
And no warranty for quality to keep our prices low for the Customer.
Wanna better - pay more. And we are going to loose 50% of our customers. IMHO
Less paper - more trees, and EPSON as a leader of GreenPeace. I have no more words, the rest of them - straight way to get a ban from our moderator :(

epson 9600 banding

does sound like you need the maintenance kit replaced. we are an independent reseller / warranty provider based in the UK...usually you would have seen an Error Code with 0040 in to definitely mean that you need maintenance kit replaced.

sounds like the prices of inks and EVERYTHING are going to continue to increase for ALL manufacturers!

If their are no missing nozzels but you look at the nozzel pattern under a magnifier you may see the individual dots are broken in some nozzels.
These can be cleared sometimes by running the engineer level of head cleaning.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back