Epson 9600 Driver for Agfa PrintDrive

Bster

I have a Epson 9600 printer that we picked up used...cheap.

We are hoping to make it into our 2-sided proofer.....manually.

We need a driver that will tell Printdrive that it accepts SHEETS and not just rolls. This will then allow us to adjust and get the side-to-side backup correct.

Please HELP!

Hi Bster,

First question, is your PrintDrive software at the last version they made which I believe is Series 3, Update F, Service Pack 4?

Assuming that PrintDrive supports the 9600 (which I think it does but am not 100% certain on this), you would have to configure two 9600 proofer devices: one that uses rolled media, and one that uses sheet media (if you wish to use both media types).

There is no separate driver as PrintDrive contained all of its own drivers. You just add a new proofer device and select the proofer model you want.

Best regards,
Jon Morgan
Hopkins Printing

Jon,

Thanks for the reply.

PrintDrive is the last version: Series 3, Update F, Service Pack 4.

PrintDrive does not have a built-in Driver for the Epson 9600....9800, yes, 9880, yes and some others. I had read on here before somewhere that someone had gotten a 9600 to work as a 2-sided proofer for them but maybe not through PrintDrive.

Any way to cheat PrintDrive without a 9600 Driver?
Thanks!

I have a Epson 9600 printer that we picked up used...cheap.

We are hoping to make it into our 2-sided proofer.....manually.

We need a driver that will tell Printdrive that it accepts SHEETS and not just rolls. This will then allow us to adjust and get the side-to-side backup correct.

Please HELP!

We have PrintDrive series 3 sitting around that we no longer use, as well as an Epson 7600 that we no longer use. I like the idea of turning that into an imposition proofer, as well. Our Nexus workflow can drive PrintDrive. We want to find alternatives to our Sherpa proofs. If you have any luck using PrintDrive to drive your 9600, please let us know, and what kind of luck you are having with it.

-Sev

Sev/Jon,

Still struggling but found that using a generic driver.....one of the Epson ones...does help. I can actually do the trick now. Off a bit on the backup but usable. The workaround might turn anyone off though. I have to do one cut on the side where the last print lands on the front side in order to get the backup proper.

It works, mostly, but it certainly could be better by finding a cheap used Epson 9800 or 9880 to hook up instead. I'm searchin'!

Hi Bster,

We occasionally have to use our 9800's to do double-sided proofing (when our SherpaMatic is being temperamental). Although we use Apogee to drive the 9800, we also have to cut off approximately 5/8" of the trailing edge of the front side of the sheet in order to get proper vertical alignment on the back side.

Definitely an unfortunate workaround but as you said, it's useable.

Best regards,
Jon

Epson 9600 is a...

Epson 9600 is a...

Hello.

The Epson 9600 is called in the Agfa terminology Sherpa 44m. For this printer I am sure you can find an output in printdrive. Normally it is for the 6 colour dye version. In case you have a 7 color pigment version you have to use a different ink split. Fortunatelly this is an ASCII file you can "create" by modifying the one used for 6 color version. Somewhere I have it because I had to solve it once.

Recently we have also driven 9880 and 9800 but for this you really need update F SP4. I have no news about 9900 and 9700, but for these I do not expect solution in PD only in Apogee Prepress.

Hope I could help.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back