epson 9880 paper

ErnieLail

What kind of paper are you running are you guys running?

I am looking for something comparable to Agfa's AMDP250
As we will be using QMSX and CMS to calibrate and run proofer checks.

I work with the supply and profiling of proofing papers and the 250 lustre is the most popular. The most accurate especially is you use a lot of spot colors is gmg 250 which holds a little more ink than others.
Edwin

9880 paper

9880 paper

like edwin b, i work for a company that supplies paper/profiling in the UK and the most accurate / least labour intensive paper would be GMG 250 Semi Matte / GMG 250 Gloss. this paper can be purchased at a premium price however the benefits of GMG ProofPaper have been embraced by many. to get the best out of it, you would of course need to embrace the gmg colour management philisophy and invest in the rip too.

We all have to live in a competative world and these proofing papers also have downloadable iso39 profiles and with the price of the dollar you could still make a profit shipping them!
edwin

ok....sounds like a plan

ok....sounds like a plan

1. Buy"garden variety" Sihl paper from the UK.
2. Ship it to US via sea freight that takes 3 weeks.
3. Install a paper that is, as you say, not as good as GMG 250

or

1. Buy the same cheap Sihl papers from any one of 50 resellers in the US after being converted by Sihl in the US.
2. Buy a paper that is better than Sihl and on par with GMG 250 and is converted in the US.

Hmmm.....let me think about that while I process your definition of competition....;-)

BTW, if you are interested in buying OUR paper for distribution in the UK, please let us know.
We have about 40 GMG users in the US who love it. We also have GMG, EFI and CGS profiles already done.

I am sure ICG-Online on behalf of of our 100's of clients always buy mill rolls
(tested at the required specification quality)
from the cheapest source - shipping and our conversion costs included
- I am always happy to pass on any offers to my PM to the buyers- good luck

Edwin

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back