Epson 9900

zoran

We are looking to buy new Epson 9900, we have full Printready 4.5 with Meta 7.5 workflow and are driving Epson 9800 right now.
I would like to know if we can utilize expanded gamut of 9900 with Orange and Green from Meta.
I've been told that Spot colors are converted to CMYK in workflow, which defeats the purpose of spot color matching as you are loosing your expanded gamut before file even gets to printer.

Am I missing something here?
Is anyone able to utilize CMYK+Orange and Green for spot color matching through Meta?
As I am getting quotes from different vendors, they all offer rips and most of them claim that they treat spot colors specially and utilize both Orange and Green to get perfect match?

I would like to avoid putting anything between Meta and Epson but at the end I might be forced to if Meta is not able to utilize Orange and Green for spot colors.
Epson 9900 is suppose to replace aging expensive kodak approval which handles spot colours better than our 9800 so I am using 9900's expanded gamut to sell it to management as a reason for purchase and replace Kodak.

Feedback and help is appreciated.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back