Esko Deskpack Dynamic Marks Question

SooperFlex

Hello All - Great Forum!!

I am looking to see if anyone has or is able to do this with Esko Dynamic Marks:

I want to put dynamic text reversed out on this inside of a bearer bar. The trick is I want the dynamic text to show each individual ink/color name on each bearer bar. For instance, if I have a 3 color package such as red, blue and green with a bearer bar for each color I want the text "Red" to show on the red bar, "Blue" on blue and so on.
The text would be white over the color bearer bar as a reverse out.

So far I don't know if this is possible just using one set of dynamic marks?

If anyone has any ideas how to do this with just using Dynamic Marks, I would appreciate the help. I could not find any kind of tutorial on this other that the vague instructions provided by Esko.

Thanks!
G

Dear DeskPack user

This is how you can achieve this according to me:
- for your red dynamic text, make the fill color 0% red and 100% of all other separations.
- for your blue dynamic text, make the fill color 0% blue and 100% of all other separations.
- do the same for all other separations and make sure your dynamic mark is created on a file with the max amount of separations your have to deal with.
- convert this text to a dynamic mark, link the text to the separation name and put the color on 'dynamic'.

Let me know if this worked.

Best regards
B

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back