Esko Software - Lion Compatibility

Kido

Hello

Does anyone have experience with Mac OSX 10.7 running EskoArtwork Software?
I contacted customer support and they recommmended me not to upgrade my OS X (10.6.8).

I have the latest versions of ArtPro, Automation Engine ( + ArtPro Action List Editor), Visualizer and Nexus installed. It would be nice to read some positive experiences because i am really excited about the new OS.

Thx in advance.

When opening a file on a server he did not want to save the file. On own machine it was OK.

Any resolution to that problem yet? I just got a new iMac and installed all my nexus software and am having the same issues. Can save to my desktop but it won't save to job folder and won't find the associated tiffs. I can work around it but it's a hassle.

Is there any other fix besides save to desktop and copy to folder? I'm just wondering if anyone else has a work-around. I talked to Esko and they're claiming that it's not fixed, they may not make a patch for it, and they may not support Nexus Edit at all for anything Lion and beyond. Not real happy to hear that, I've got to say. Supposedly ArtPro works fine. Wish we had the $$ for that!

OK, I was given something to try that's better than a work-around. If you click off "save preview" in your workflow under the Save ArtPro file tab, it will save it directly into the jobs folder as before. Tested it twice on 2 totally different files and it worked both times. Hopefully it's the only problem I run into :)

ArtPro 10.1.1 and DeskPack are supported according to Esko web page.

However I have seen and heard of a number of problems most seem to be around the sharing network connections. A lot of DNS issues as well. Using Shuttle you need to use either IP or Host names but your network drive connection must match.

So far I've only been playing with Lion and not real work yet.

Lion Compatibility Reply to Thread

Lion Compatibility Reply to Thread

We're running a workstation on 10.7 with ArtPro 10.1 > Nexus 9.5.6 (Mac running OS X 10.5 Server)

The main issue we had initially was the removal of Samba SMB networking, so we had to find a workaround for communicating with our Apple Server RAID (OS X 10.2.8 Server).

We'd previously had issues with permissions when using AFP, but we adjusted the 10.7 default permissions using Tinker Tool System 2, and this is now resolved.

With regards to Nexus, everything ran smooth (i'm not sure but it may be because its on a Mac Server platform running 10.5.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back