Exporting a VPS file to another printer computer

funwork

Hi,

I would like to know if it would be possible to create a VPS file using our VDP software (Print shop mail) but instead of sending it to the CREO RIP, to create a file that I would give to a printer so he could "do" the job.

In other words, we have a job to do but don't want to do it at home.
We work with a printer that could do it but they don't know VDP !
My idea is to compose the personnalized doc in our place, than export a file that would be used by our printer.

We have a Xerox DC252 while our printer have another XEROX (For what I can say it is a DC7000)

Thanks for your feedback.

If the printer has a Creo RIP, then they could use the VPS file.
If they don't, change the output technology in PSM to Optimised PostScript or Optimised PDF and then they can run it on any RIP (though not all RIP's will be able to process the file as an optimised or VDP file, so some RIP's will treat the file as just a very large file).

The best option is to find out what VDP options the printer has available to them and send them a file that suits what they have.

I know this printer has a CREO RIP so I assume he will able to handle a VPS file.

My question is "How do you produce a VPS file" instead of printing on a printer ?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back