Exporting pages from a large PDF file into 3 page files

APena

Hello everyone,
I have this project I'm working on that our customer has provided us with a 6,000 page merged PDF file, that I have to print in batches of 3 sheets and staple. I could just send the 3 pages I need 2,000 times to the rip on our digital press, but was hoping there would be an easier way of doing it. We have a X700 with Freeflow server.
Ant help would be appreciated.

batch processing in adobe acrobat professional

batch processing in adobe acrobat professional

You could use the "batch processing" tool which is under >advanced >document processing in Adobe Acrobat Professional 8 (don't know about more recent versions)

You would need to know how to write script but it will allow you to write a script to accomplish what you need. There is one already written in the prompt for Print page 1. which will print page 1 of your document to the default printer you have set.

This post comes a bit late, and I hope you have already found a solution, just thought better late than never with an answer :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back