Feedback on replacing IKON CPP500

mtaylor

I'm replacing my IKON CPP500 and reconditioned Canon 7200: I have 3 bids and would appreciate any feedback in helping to make this decision.

I have been doing about 20,000 Color Impressions per month and 75,000 black and white impressions per month (75% of these impressions are 11 x 17). Wide range of paper weights from 20# through 100# coated cover and 10-point C1S. I have several regular newsletters, some of which I booklet offline now that I would like to move online

In each of the bids click charges are for any size paper and supply costs are fixed for term of lease.

Xerox has proposed a WorkCentre 7775 (Embedded Fiery and Bookletmaker) and reconditioned 4110 (With a bookletmaker) - 48-month lease $1067; color clicks at .05 and b&w at .005. At my present volume about $2400 per month

Konica has proposed C5501 (Fiery & bookletmaker) and low-mileage Pro 1050 Black and White (with bookletmaker): 48-month lease $1014; color clicks at .073 and black and white at .0067 (But .02 at on the 5500). This option also comes with a $5500 rebate from Konica. At my present volume (pro-rating the rebate) about $2750 per month.

Ikon has proposed a Ricoh C720 (Fiery and bookletmaker) and brand new Pro 907EX (bookletmaker) - 60-month lease is $1672 - color clicks at .045 and black and whites at .008. At present volume, monthly cost is about $3086.

Xerox is clearly the best-priced, but I can find very little info regarding the 7775 in a print-for-pay environment and the local dealer does not have one in the showroom. So, I am particularly interested is feedback on this machine.

I have the IKON version of the Konica and am very happy with this machine, but I'm not happy with the click cost in this proposal.

The Ricoh, while the most expensive, is clearly a step up in productivity and as my color volume grows, its lower click cost makes it more competitive.

Have you checked out any of these machines in person ?

Maybe Ikon can find you a used Pro 906. There also could be a c900 (which is a 90ppm version of the c720) from a demo room available now with the new model coming out.

Have you checked out any of these machines in person ?

Maybe Ikon can find you a used Pro 906. There also could be a c900 (which is a 90ppm version of the c720) from a demo room available now with the new model coming out.

Ran the c900 in the showroom.

I have the CPP500 which is the earlier model of the Konica, so I'm comfortable with this machine.

I don't know a thing about the Xerox, but from price alone I'm thinking the machine isn't quite what the other two are. I was hoping to get some user feedback here on the 7775.

I will discuss your suggestions with my sales rep. Thank you very much for your input!

I would recommend you subscribe to Larry Hunt's Color Copier and BW Copier newsletters. He collects and tabulates pricing and service agreements along with service and equipment satisfaction ratings from print-for-pay facilities across the US and then publishes them monthly. Gives you a great feel for what other shops are paying for their equipment and how they like it. If you are a subscriber and you send him your proposals along with your monthly volume and specifics of whether you own, lease etc., he will give you his opinion on your proposals and how they compare to other proposals he has seen. Well worth the subscription fee in my opinion. Could literally save you thousands of dollars over the 3-5 year life of a copier. I don't have any relationship or vested interested with him other than I've subscribed to his newsletters for the last 5 or 6 years.

Larry Hunt Publications - High Speed and Color Copy News

I have 2 Ricoh Pro C900s for sale. Would fit your needs perfectly. 1 is a Print/Copy/Scan version with only 53,000 impressions (showroom model). Comes with Stapler Finisher, Booklet Finisher, Large Capacity Tray and Fiery for your color needs. 1200 x 1200 dpi extremely good graphics. Asking $55K.

I also have a print only version with stapler finisher, large capacity tray, and fiery. Has 1.5 million total impressions--still very low-- Asking $35k.

Click rates with either are usually around $.06/color and $.006 b/w
[email protected]

I have demo model Ricoh Pro C900s for sale. Would fit your needs perfectly. It is a Print/Copy/Scan version with only 53,000 impressions (showroom model). Comes with Stapler Finisher(SR 5000) , Booklet Finisher(BK 5000), Large Capacity Tray and Fiery for your color needs. 1200 x 1200 dpi extremely good graphics.

Considering most of your volume is 11 x 17 this would be a great machine since they generally charge a single click rate--11x17 or even 12 x 18 is counted as only 1 click. This machine brand new generally sells for around $140-160k

Asking 55k

[email protected]

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back