Fiery + Duplo

RytisT

Hi. Looking for any suggestions for Fiery and Duplo integration. Maybe someone has any experience with those two.
Basically the integration between these two is poor, the way we work now, is we make a template in Duplo, bring that template back to Fiery, print with barcodes from Duplo, bring back the print to Duplo and it does it's job. Is there no way to cut the part where you have to make a template in duplo and bring it back to fiery? Any way to make those templates right in fiery, where you impose a job?

Thanks!

Hi,
It sounds like you have a different duplo to mine (mine is slightly older and i can't import from Duplo to Fiery so don't know what the benefits are of doing it that way around) ) and not sure if you have the same options in Fiery either.
I have two basic workflows for print and cut/crease but keep a sheet with the duplo program numbers and descriptions list.
1, For common/standard work such as flyers, letterheads etc i create a hot folder named appropriately and shortened such as "A5 ss port repeat tray5", set the impose settings (use Finish size as "user defined" and any other relevant settings and also print driver settings), allocate a duplo program number/barcode that isn't being used.
When i want to print i just copy and paste the pdf of the file on to the hot folder, once the machine has printed the sheet, program the duplo from that sheet with relevant crop/crease options under the program number, save and write on the list.
Next time i want to do that job it's all set just copy the pdf to the hot folder and take the print to the duplo (making sure the barcode option is switched on).
Once you are happy it is all set correct you can print as many sheets as you want from the printed queue.

2, On less regular work i just impose and print one, take to the duplo, program under a number not used which takes about 30 seconds then if ok print more.

best regards

I think the issue lays with different people creating so many different permutations including creasing, perforations, different cut patterns, slightly different models of printer and duplo etc.
Only need to set up the job once for common/regular work or it only seems to take 5 mins (some of which is the machine warming up) to set up a bespoke job.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back