File Submission Options

eran

We're doing some website revisions and one of the modifications I'm looking at is revising the method for clients to submit artwork. Currently everyone has their own username/password and submits through an HTTP interface (or uses our FTP). I'd like to come out of this with a single (and simple) means for everyone to use. The product I'm liking so far is Box.net which encompasses quite a bit more features than I need but also sports most of what I require at a good price and it transfers fast.

What other options are out there? What have you found useful?
Your input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Everyone!

Last edited:
We have been using Dropbox. Dropbox - Home - Secure backup, sync and sharing made easy. to handle all the PDF transfers for our Printing Newspapers Clients. Its basically an file syncing tool. We needed a simple way for our clients to drop files inside a folder without loggin into FTP or others. We have found Dropbox to be easy. No worrying whether the FTP Server is up and running.

This does look like a great tool. Had you come across much that can be embedded into a website before settling down with Dropbox?

Online Job Submission with Wrokflow integration

Online Job Submission with Wrokflow integration

You are welcome to consider OnTimeProof - with it users have a professional looking web interface with your site design. It has job submission using a powerful java upload tool that has a drag and drop interface to allow users to upload multiple files at one time.

Users submit their files along with a job ticket based on a form page that you design.

Files can then be either manually or automatically assigned a job number.

Once a job number is assigned files can then be automatically routed to unlimited workflows based on the job ticket contents.

It is extremely inexpensive and very powerful.

David Lewis
Lucid Dream Software
Software Solutions by Lucid Dream Software, Inc

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back