Finding InDesign file location on Windows machine while the file is open

Norcrans

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to find the folder location of an InDesign file on a Windows 7 machine while you have the InDesign document open like you can on a Mac.

On a Mac you can hold down the "Command" key and click on the title of the document and a pop-up will come up giving you the location of the file. This comes in handy if you have the file open but not the folder on your desktop. You can click on the title and open the folder the file is stored in on your desktop.

I can not figure out how to do this on a Windows 7 machine and my Google searches have come up empty.

Any help would be appreciated.

In InDesign CS 5.5, on the bottom border where the left/right slider bar is, there is a small icon that when clicked on allows you to reveal the file in explorer. I'm XP, but i bet its the same deal.

In InDesign CS 5.5, on the bottom border where the left/right slider bar is, there is a small icon that when clicked on allows you to reveal the file in explorer. I'm XP, but i bet its the same deal.

Ah, yes that does exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks for the information.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back