Finger Print Test on Sheetfed Offset

ponnapati123

Hiiiii all I would like to know what is Finger print test on Sheetfed offset printing and how it effects print quality ! Is there any test format for Finger print testing ?

Hiiiii all I would like to know what is Finger print test on Sheetfed offset printing and how it effects print quality ! Is there any test format for Finger print testing ?

There's a thread on this topic here: http://printplanet.com/forums/color-management/35562-fingerprinting-blues-part-1-a

I'm not sure what you mean by "print quality" but it's always good to know if the press is in proper mechanical condition and has been calibrated and operating to a specific print condition.

Fingerprinting can have 2 meanings, at least.

1) And most common today, is the G7 prepress and calibration throughout the entire print process.

2) Fingerprinting to me is to go from ink feed to delivery and capture every piece of detail about the press as well as consumables utilized. This sets the basis for print improvement by identifying problem points and making recommendations, changes to improve the entire printing process for either/or a single press or entire pressroom. Personally, I have done hundreds of these in my career and have helped the company I was employed by capture, solidify business while making the print customer more profitable and efficient while putting out an improved finished product.

D Ink Man

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back