Fixing a Color Problem

gordo

508 Fixing a Color Problem.jpg

That is so true, but color is never a "problem", color is the greatest joy on earth!

;-)

Ulrich

how could we convince the client that the color is fine? It depends on their opinion, their feeling and their mood; there is always different point even nonsense if they intend to look for...
"our client is always correct"

how could we convince the client that the color is fine? It depends on their opinion, their feeling and their mood; there is always different point even nonsense if they intend to look for...
"our client is always correct"

In my experience, salespeople are invaluable in interpreting client requirements and communicating them to production. They are also invaluable in acting as an intermediary between client and production to smooth out any issues.

“I recommend taking it outside, and viewing it under direct Sunlight!”

I once spent 3 - 4 hours pulling proofs for an ad agency client. It was of the same colour. It was to be for their clients stationery. Each time she would take the proof outside to view under sunlight/daylight.
Ad agency was charged for press time.
Finally got the OK and printed the order; letterhead, cards, envelopes. Matched colour, black & spot varnish on expensive paper.
The phone number was wrong.
The woman from the ad agency had a junior position. Never saw her again.

After a couple of hours of pulling sample sheets from the press clients generally get tired and approve.
Usually the very first samples become acceptable...

(I’ve actually seen this done more than once, at press checks. It’s almost too much. How often are pieces of printed material, viewed outside?)
the Sunlight will be changed from morning to afternoon, from cloudy day to sunshine day,... so your standard light has been changed... it is not good for color checks, is it?
Even we use standard light (D50) for checking color, our clients could compare the printed color everywhere they want (like: meeting room, kitchen, canteen, toilet,...) and then they said:"NG" 😂😂😂

(I’ve actually seen this done more than once, at press checks. It’s almost too much. How often are pieces of printed material, viewed outside?)
We have a customer who comes in for press checks, goes out to the car park and lays the sheets out in the sun to view, goes back to the press, asks for some adjustments, takes another sheet out, I've seen her in the car park with 20 press sheets laid out in front of her.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back