Fixing Files

gordo

448 Fixing Files.jpg

"...and if you don't find the exact mistakes you made or want to learn how to avoid them in the future, please don't hesitate to ask advice from our team of expert pre-press operators. We shall charge only for the actual time spent..."

So much yes!! I will no longer fix your "college graduate" mistakes for free. That may be un-professional of me but what does that make you? Although I did fix one today...Bosses cousin...what are ya gonna do?

So much yes!! I will no longer fix your "college graduate" mistakes for free. That may be un-professional of me but what does that make you? Although I did fix one today...Bosses cousin...what are ya gonna do?

Where I worked in the past, if I had taken that approach and the customer complained, my boss would have lit me up for either not fixing it or not catching it. It wouldn't matter if it was the customer's mistake.

usually when we get a print ready file we are not given access to the make changes so we just send it back to the customer and tell them what to change.

usually when we get a print ready file we are not given access to the make changes so we just send it back to the customer and tell them what to change.

I've tried that and usually it is two, three, four or more times going back and forth with the customer.
Either they don't understand or don't have the abilities and/or talent.
A lot of shops also experience what claude72 stated.

I did that, once: the file went straight to another printer, without any changes... and we lost the customer!

I work for a school photography company so most of the printing we do is either free or heavily discounted in exchange for the schools picture business. So anytime we send a job back we wish they would go with someone else but they wont because they will NOT find a cheaper way.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back