Flattened PDF to Plates

steve@Igniteqp

I'm using RipMate6.0 for 4colour plates, the software is meant to convert a compressed PDF to plate separations. The black layer looses its saturation and looses its depth and strength. I'm wondering if its something I'm doing wrong in the PDF creation, or is it the software I'm using.
it would speed up productivity if i could just make one file for both the digital proofs and the 4 colour.

Re: Flattened PDF to Plates

What if you use Adobe Acrobat Professional to make the separations for you?
Do you still see the same thing on the plates?

Leonard

> I'm using RipMate6.0 for 4colour plates, the software is meant to convert a
> compressed PDF to plate separations. The black layer looses its saturation and
> looses its depth and strength. I'm wondering if its something I'm doing wrong
> in the PDF creation, or is it the software I'm using.
> it would speed up productivity if i could just make one file for both the
> digital proofs and the 4 colour.

I've seen black screen back when color management is applied to it. Although Adobe's CMYK color management policy in color settings is set to 'Preserve CMYK Numbers (Ignore Profiles)', it does apply color management to CMYK, so it doesn't do what the name suggests. If Adobe would have just set the color management policy to Off instead of coming up with a new policy setting that doesn't do what the name implies, then one could know that the CMYK is not getting color managed. So for my color settings, I set the CMYK color management policy to Off, to make sure I'm not changing CMYK numbers.

Don

> {quote:title=steve@Igniteqp wrote:}{quote}
> I'm using RipMate6.0 for 4colour plates, the software is meant to convert a compressed PDF to plate separations. The black layer looses its saturation and looses its depth and strength. I'm wondering if its something I'm doing wrong in the PDF creation, or is it the software I'm using.
> it would speed up productivity if i could just make one file for both the digital proofs and the 4 colour.

I'm sorry, I'm not aquainted with RipMate. What you're describing sounds like you might have a ICC color transform going on. Or is there a curve/ink limiting function being applied? Do black objects remain black, or do they separate into CMYK?

rich

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back