FLH85Z Processor

jimmyp

So, Fuji recently decided to send us some new processors and we've had them for about 4 months now. We have both the FLH125Z and the FLH85Z. I can't say I'm too impressed with the 85Z. The 125Z has worked perfectly for us and so far we haven't had a single issue.

The 85Z is a totally different story. We have to do a chemistry change on it at about 50% life or it acts like the developer is toast. We end up getting roller marks on the plates that makes it look like the plate isn't being developed all the way or cleaned by the scrub brushes adequetly

So now, I just did a chemistry change, all the rollers are spotless -- top and bottom. I'm having the same issues that we would have if the developer was exhausted. I was curious if anyone knows what can be done? Is it maybe the rollers aren't pressing hard enough, or need to be adjusted, or could it be the scrub brushes need to be changed even though the machine says they still have a ton of life.

I've put in a tech support call to Fuji but I would like to know if anyone has any input on the matter. Thanks!

We are using Fuji LH-PJ plates by the way.

Jimmy, if you take the cover out and bypass the i-lock system, do you see the dev circulation ?, dump the chemistry and take a good look at the spraybar(s) submerged in developer, all holes must be free and blowing quite visibly towards the brushes. Improper circulation is the first suspect here. Second is replenish, you must monitor the pH twice a day and tell the service guy to adjust the ZAC system / replen rates and antiox according to your production levels. Anyway, pH monitoring is a must.
Finally, adjust the dev scrub pressure by the book or even bit higher than normal. Too much pressure and you scratch the emulsion in a diagonal pattern of thin lines and perhaps even make the plate judder underneath the scrub roller giving a plate jam in the end because the plate didn't arrive in time at the exit sensor. Btw, I believe the FLH has the possibility to report the plate length on display if that flag is activated in engineering, sometimes worth monitoring the 'reported platelength' as seen by the machine sensors. Good luck.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back