Flipbook Software

lnivin

We're a commercial printer looking at creating Web Flip Books for our customers.

I've tried a free program, but our first customer is saying the book is too slow. I reduced resolution and even the lowest res is too slow for them.

Would commercial software create a faster flipping flip book?

Any ideas of the best software available?

I appreciate any help.

Linda Nivin

Thought I would add that I've tried the Export from InDesign CS4 and it doesn't offer all the bells and whistles our customers are wanting.

Maybe this will be incentive to learn Flash?

Moste of the time these thins are slow.
Did your client show you an example of a live site of what he is expecting?

No. The client didn't show an example.

We supplied the book in 3 resolutions. They were not happy with any.

The medium res was the one I thought they would choose - 52 pages - 10MB. Runs well when on my computer.

I thought the slowness may be related to their web server. We're not hosting it.

Do the commercial versions create smaller (faster) files?

Page Flipping Tool

Page Flipping Tool

We have some technology for this capability and I would be glad to discuss your needs and see if we can provide you with a suitable solution. I'll be glad to prepare some examples for you if you'd like.

David Lewis
david @ luciddream.com

DMP had a product called Flo Media Publisher that we were selling in North America. It was a Windows based productt hat created flash books as flip books with roll overs for the corners, could have hard pages and hard covers, navigation by chapter, a "tree of files" for zooming in and showing progressively more detailed sections. It could do document comparissons (original compared to plate ready), preflight and report in the flash book as well as annotations. It was around 4,000 Euros. Unfortunately DMP is no more, but I am soliciting feature requests to build a new product along those lines. If anyone would like to give their opinions on what they would like to see I would be happy to talk with you. Best bet is to send me an email directly.

Page-flip solutions for printers

Page-flip solutions for printers

Hi lnivin

My company has been providing publishers of community newspapers, shoppers guides, newsletters, and other printed pieces with custom-built page-flip digital editions for over 5 years. We have several options and have teamed up with several commercial printers across the U.S. to either have this be an add-on to their package, or something they can resell to interested clients. We brand it 100% for you or your client and depending on the type of publication it is, have a lot of features that may benefit the end user and all at a very reasonable cost. Oh, and it loads VERY fast and we host everything. I'd like to invite you to chat with me. Here are a couple examples in the meantime:

CSI - Walworth County Sunday
Waycross Shopper
Friedens Church Shartlesville Newsletter

Thanks
Justin Gerena
President, Director of Sales
JB Multimedia, Inc.
The Pioneers in Page-Flip Technology
888-592-3212 x710

Try this!

Try this!

Linda Nivin

I don't represent them but stumbled by coincidence on their solution. Looks great for me! Contains a bunch of options...

Issuu - You Publish

Let us know if this worked out for you? I didn't got any requests from customers yet, but I'm curious how this is perceived by them....

Flip Books

Flip Books

We're a commercial printer looking at creating Web Flip Books for our customers.

I've tried a free program, but our first customer is saying the book is too slow. I reduced resolution and even the lowest res is too slow for them.

Would commercial software create a faster flipping flip book?

I appreciate any help.

Linda Nivin

Did you try JPEG @ 72 DPI?

Joe

We've purchased eMagStudio because it gave the solution of being able to build a link (in an email) to a particular page. It's a one-time purchase and can make as many flipbooks as we want. It is working well for us!

We're using the full eMagStudio version. It does make an iPhone, iPad version of the flip book. But this is not an eBook.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back