Folding ?en MBO 123 HELP please ~_~

hdglassart

I've had this problem ever since I started as a folder operator. I had no training since the original folder operator quit, and only have experience on a t-49 and the b123. I have less than a year time on these machines, but I have the same problem come up out of no where and no way of fixing it. On the Parallel fold, the product seems to be trying to open, even though it's not, and false folding. Only going in about an inch an a half then folding then causing a jam. We use to run 50lb stock but switched to 60lb seeing that it happened far less often. I've tried getting rid of static, slowing the machine down, speeding it up, moving the plates closer in, farther out, putting on guides, taking guides off, rollers reset, cleaning rollers ect... Seriously it's very aggravating, I can run for hours with no problem and all of a sudden it won't stop. Sometimes it goes away all of a sudden. I have talked to two different MBO sales representatives and they don't have an answer. They sit there and say, oh we can fix this and just end up doing what I've been for the last 8 months. I don't have anyone at the company I work for that knows this answer, so if there is anyone out there that might have a clue, PLEASE help. Either talk to me on this forum, email me at [email protected] or call me at 928-710-8972. I go in for long hours and the problem started up again so now I need to figure it out or throw away a twelve hour shift.

Ok. You have lost me with the opening thing. Lets start over. What is your starting sheet size and what is the folding specifications? And what orientation are you using in reference to which fold plates? No need in pulling your hair out. Just let me know.

In addition to specs, photos and/or videos would help. If it's too large to post here, send me a PM and I'll send you my email.

Are you saying the sheet doesn't fully enter the buckle plate? And folds short of the intended fold?

This could be as simple obstruction in the buckle plate, caused by one of the guides, the lip or simply the gap between the guides has closed up. Sometimes even moving the sidelay 10mm one direction or another can stop the jams, if the folded sheet edges lined up with the guide edges creating an obstruction.. I hope this makes sense.

Very hard to say without seeing it run unfortunately..

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back