Font issues.

rande

Hi,
I'm a little rusting on trouble shooting fonts issues.
I have two files; one the font works the other it looks scrambled.
Its that simple.
It is helv bold TT.
If I put the bad type box in the good doc it works. If I put it in new doc pg
it doesn't. Not sure what thats telling me yet. I thought it might be a sys. font
conflict but I'm thinking not, if it works in the good file.
I have tried putting it in the apps font folder and suitcase.
I empty the apps font fldr. and deactivate suitcase and the good doc still works.
Is there a way to embed the font in indd.? I'm not seeing anything about that except a
PDF.
Maybe a corrupt file? They don't really want to go back to the client.
Any help would be appreciated

Last edited:
Thats how I started. Majority of our jobs are done like that. Somethings wrong here.

If working in prepress you need to blow out the fonts every now and again. You can have a suitcase with a mix match font set that gets in the way of installing families. The most common fonts are usually problematic because there are many cuts floating around. Helvetica Neue is one of those that cause great problems if you have wrong family combinations.

Hi Rande

Try saving the file in Interchange format as an .IDML or .INX and then reopening it. If the file is corrupt that should force it to re-write a clean copy.

You could also try "Font Nuke" to clean out all your font caches.
jamapi.com :: FontNuke - A FREE tool for removing font cache files on Mac OS X

Shawn

Hi,
I'm a little rusting on trouble shooting fonts issues.
I have two files; one the font works the other it looks scrambled.
Its that simple.
It is helv bold TT.
If I put the bad type box in the good doc it works. If I put it in new doc pg
it doesn't. Not sure what thats telling me yet. I thought it might be a sys. font
conflict but I'm thinking not, if it works in the good file.
I have tried putting it in the apps font folder and suitcase.
I empty the apps font fldr. and deactivate suitcase and the good doc still works.
Is there a way to embed the font in indd.? I'm not seeing anything about that except a
PDF.
Maybe a corrupt file? They don't really want to go back to the client.
Any help would be appreciated

if you're using Suitcase or something similar, clean your font caches and restart computer

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back