For Sale: Agfa Sherpa II and PDF RIP

donsmerz

FOR SALE: I have for sale an old Agfa Sherpa II proofer and the matching PDF RIP server. Thsi stuff is old. The Sherpa has not been used in a good while. I'm sure it needs serviced and you should not buy it if you're not well-versed in that. The PDF RIP runs on a Windows NT Server with 4 18GB IBM SCSI drives. It all runs fine. I have the original software disks and manuals for both the proofer and the RIP. If you don't recognize it, the Agfa Sherpa II was a contemporary of the Epson 7600 made for Agfa by Mutoh. In fact, the main board in the Epson 7600 and the Sherpa are the same. The proofer uses 4 Epson inks. But there's also plenty about it that is proprietary Agfa. I have a brand new, unused maintenance kit for this printer--but no instruictions on how to use it, plus some unused spare inks. If you just want parts from the proofer, I will take it apart and send you what you need to keep the shipping cost reasonable. The entire printer is certainly not economically shippable. The PDF RIP server and associated disks and manuals are easily shipped and I will ship it anywhere at your expense. $100 plus shipping takes all or pick it up in Pittsburgh, PA. Contact Don at [email protected] or 412-735-4959.
Thanks for looking.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back