From Xerox 700 (mis-sell) to Xerox 5000AP or Canon 6000VP?

I run 2 Xerox Printers, 700 and 7000. We've had the 7000 for 3 years. It runs great. We had to get something else since the 7000 is a very glossy printer. I spent 4 months trying to get the gloss toned down. Didn't work. We got the 700 in August. Which has less gloss on the pieces. We went round and round with Xerox on different problems we've had. Pretty much color issues. Since we have a Creo front end we can protect the CMYK colors and they have been running pretty good. It is not a work horse like we bought it for. But our client does not want gloss on their prints. If you can get a good trainer for the machine that's what we lacked.

We have just had a 700 installed three weeks ago and were told yesterday that the registration on the 700 on heavier gloss stock is not within the machines specs. If reverse type of 8 point is printed on 300 gsm stoch the magenta fills it in. The Colour is also poor when we have been able to use it. I cant say Im even close to happy with the now acknowledged problem. According to the tec they have know about it for a while and didnt tell us.

My advice to anyone considering a 700 should test test test the machine with their own files. Registration is a huge issue with this machine. Set up a file with a reversed out text at 8pt accross the page. According to the tech we spoke with it is caused by a baffle in the machine.

I agree, a full test should be conducted on any machine being considered. The best thing to do is run a half day's production on a test machine with your actual stocks if possible and in "real" commercial quantities.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back