FT-R3050 - Serial Error

Meicat

Hello Group,

My Screen FT-R3050 with this message "Serial Error ", already cleaned all the connectors, flat, and CONT of SCOM and nothing ...
Any help is welcome
Could someone send me the service manual?
(excuse my English, translated by google translator)
from Brazil

Big Problem !

Big Problem !

My friend you have big problem ! I had that error and my FTP was out for 6 month ! Nobody had clue how to fix it, but one man (Serbia, Belgrade) figure out how to solve problem.
Eprom on your board (i think cont) is lose information, that is because probably weak battery or cold environment (my case), u must reprogram Eprom, u need software for that and that software must be uploded from old Mac and to do so u need machine to be online, but now u cant go online because Serial Error, only solution is to remove eprom from board reprogram and put back on the board. U need software for mac and someone who knows to select write part from that inastaltion to put in eprom. For me it work, i hope that u will finde way to solve problem.

thanks.. thanks.. Bojan_Libra

thanks.. thanks.. Bojan_Libra

Thanks, thanks, thanks ..... You showed me the way ....,
Now I need to find what is the EPROM that has to be reprogrammed, you have the e-mail technical reprogrammed??
Because I can reschedule, I have the file, just do not know the EEPROM should be removed and reprogrammed, I think it's 3.
- Service Manual would be great ....

(Thank God)
(excuse my English translated by google translator)

Eprom

Eprom

I will try to find u more information, there is few deferent version of software depend of model of your machine and year of manufacture. If somebody have same machine (same age also) u can ask to copy software from his eprom to yours.

I was looking for info about this for you.
Serial Error is pretty vague, and recommends just restarting because of internal communication errors.
It could be a firmware issue as Bojan says.
There are two firmwares, Cont and Scon, and the Cont board firmware varies depending on whether the model is a 3050 or 3050Q (5 sided spin mirror) or if the unit has an online processor or is standalone.
Some problems. If you ran it on a PowerMac HQRip, life is easy! Otherwise, you need an old beige mac with OS9 or earlier. Then you can use the download program and firmware files.
Sorry I don't recall the details, but there was a dip switch on the CONT board that would have the 3050 power up in the Forced Download mode. Sometimes if you powered up with the MENU button held, it would also come up in the forced download mode. Sorry though, I might be confusing 3050 with Katana, as they are so similar, but I never heard of having to remove ROMs to reprogram them. Yikes! Hats off to them that they got it working!

Thank you guys, tomorrow post model / year of ft-r3050 (online), and also the types of eprom (there are three). tks ..

Try to re-seat the eproms on the CONT and SCON boards to make sure connections are ok.

If you have another 3050 nearby try swapping the boards out to see which is faulty.

I have CONT A v151A and 151S and SCON v260D with downloader program from years ago. You used to be able to get it from Download:MEDIA AND PRECISION TECHNOLOGY COMPANYY but is no longer available.

Thank you guys, tomorrow post model / year of ft-r3050 (online), and also the types of eprom (there are three). tks ..

My ft-r3050 is online, mar/1997 -
Eprom´s:
TMS27C210A-12JL (have)
HN28F101P-15 (searching)
HN58C256P-20 (searching)
Hi, Greg G

Tks....

The cont board has a programmer it self but you need a software to program it by using mac os 9. But the problem only technical people who train to do this. because sometimes the programmer will destroy.

You can see in the Cont board the 3 ic's. The 2 ic's is you can program and erase but the main eeprom (the big one) is the one that make a connection with your mac. BUT there's a DIP switch to remote the prommer to connect to the mac. Please do not try to switch the DIP switch if you dont know what is the use off it. Sometimes it will erase the program.

I tried several times to reprogram some cont board but iu don't know how to help you by this message...

Hi there I need to know what epromm I need to take out because I have the same problem serial error in my FTR 3050?
Can I copy the eeprom memory, or maybe I can take from other machine in working condition?
please send me information [email protected]

Hi David,
In 2011, change a SCON board (U$ 1500) in Brazil.
Today I am having the same problem (serial error)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back