FTR-3050 Machine error 15

EDIBLENUT

Does any one know the cause of machine error 15. The film is not exposed to the laser ray . I have the service manual but I am interested in the service manual for the online processor. My processor is always on the NOT READY state.

Phew!
Machine error 15 has a basket full of possible causes.
Different board, laser, etc. You likely need a service call.
The processor is not related.
If the processor is "not ready", is it really not ready, or maybe the LED is dead?
(is the temp rising to the correct setting?)

Does any one know the cause of machine error 15. The film is not exposed to the laser ray . I have the service manual but I am interested in the service manual for the online processor. My processor is always on the NOT READY state.

Processor doesn't need a service manual, an experienced service Tech can find your problem with a Multimeter!

Machine Error 15

Machine Error 15

Hi I'm Miguel a junior member from the Philippines,

Are the machine error 15 appear during exposure or power-up the machine?

Your problem on your FTR-3050 imagesetter machine are related to this parts.

1. Guard, OPTV or Cont Board 3
2. Laser Diode Unit
3. Asen Board positioning

If there are people knowledgeable, you can unplug and plug the connectors from the cont board unit

If problem still arise call a service engineer to check your machine.

Thanks everybody for the replies. The error message pops up when the machine is about to expose the film.
The problem is not with the boards or the diode. The error message came up when i cleaned the optics. Probably the optics positions had been misaligned. The local engineer could not solve the problem I called Screen UK they ask me to call somebody in Kenya who cover my area Nigeria.
I had similar problem once on another FTR-3050 years back but was fixed by a screen trained engineer from UK. That option is expensive now.

uh oh. I hope the optics didn't move.
They're all fixed pretty well, but maybe the long L mirror moved in it's bracket? it's the long mirror on the base of the optical bed, accessible through the side door. Some people remove that for cleaning, which I never heard of doing in training and sounds ridiculous to me to do.
The next stop after the L Mirror is past the shutter and the removable plastic lens that you can take out of the side of the machine.
So, another thing that happens before and during exposure, as the spin motor reaches speed and laser comes on, is that the laser light is sweeping across the width of the film, and the spin motor is acting as an encoder, but for a synching pulse, the light hits a small shiny metal surface, off the edge of the largest film size, and reflects down to a detector. this makes a pulse for the timing of the optics/imaging. You might be starting up and this pulse cannot be detected, hence Error 15.
There is a trap door where you can access this sensor, sort of, and at least see it, and see light reflected onto it. If it were intermittent, I would recommend cleaning the sensor on the board. It's a small sensor, flat square plastic, near the end of the board. If you observe this on your machine, you might see the light missing this sensor. I wouldn't recommend moving the ASens board if it looks like something else were moved. That would be a last ditch effort. If that worked, all bets would be off as far as image quality, size, distortion, etc. So right now, that current ASens position is your best bet for getting any other optics back in position.
Good luck.

NJService you are 100% correct on the L mirror, my advice to anyone is not to remove it for any reason because it was the caused of my first ftr-3050 problem. The service engineer from UK spent long hours on it before he could set it aright.

NJService many thanks. Please elaborate on your last statements concerning using Current Asens position as a reference point to fix other optics. Cheers

I'm just saying, if the beam is now missing the ASens detector, because something had moved, when that thing that moved gets back in the correct position, it should hit the sensor again. So we shouldn't be quick to move the sensor position. Try to see what else might have been moved, and also in the cleaning, that the far edges of the mirror are clean as well as the middle, because that part of the light path is important for this function.

NJService many thanks and to other contributors well done. I will say i am on holiday now till June. I will try your suggestion and get everybody posted on the outcome.Cheers

Sensor

Sensor

I had same problem, that is just sensor (little white wheel, little metal ribbon) on the right side of machine, u just need to touch it with finger and move down for little bit and problem is solved !

Hi,

Usually this error will lead to change the laser diode unit. but the question is how if it is not laser diode?

There's a technique on how to check the laser diode using your digital tester but problem this is a secret for some of us.

Hint: error appear if ASEN position left and right was not reach by the laser beam. or the laser beam is not enough. try to increase the laser value.. if you reach the 300 intensity it means laser diode problem.

ASEN and OPTV board might damage in power fluctuation or the power supply is not original from the dainippon screen.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back