Fuji Xerox 550/560

Baldbug

This is an entry level Digital Press from what I've been told. Is there anyone using this press and what is the performance and day to day running like? How frequent does this press need technician assistance to keep it running??

Hi,

Fuji Xerox unveils the latest addition to its light production printer portfolio with the launch of the new Color 550/560 digital colour printer. An entry-level light production colour printer, the Color 550/560 is ingeniously designed for any production setting to offer outstanding value to production environments. Delivering brilliant image quality, advanced finishing and powerful workflow integration, the innovative technology in this printer offers users more flexibility and freedom to produce wide range of applications in outstanding colour and black and white image quality, at an affordable price.

The new Color 550/560 is an efficient choice for quick print shops, small commercial printers, in-plant operations, ad agencies, creative shops and corporate print rooms. With an array of production and enterprise capabilities, a plethora of applications, ranging from marketing materials and photo applications to office documents, can be produced. Applications are generated effortlessly on this print engine which has two speed modes; one at 50 colour pages per minute (ppm) and the other at 60 colour ppm Color 550/560 respectively.

epson t1285

Well I have enlightened myself this Sunday morning by doing searches on X700's and KM6000 digital printers on Print Planet. Thanks to everyone for making some fantastic comments by giving free info etc.

The main criteria for me is time to get a tech to us get our machines back online.
We currently have 4 x X units, C250, C4300, ApeosPort 6501, and yes these are copiers only, and 6204 plan printer and the service techs are usually here within the hour when these unit go down. Service techs are here about once or twice a month at moment.
We outsource most print jobs to Trade Print Shops and now want to print inhouse probably about 50% of this work and leave the ncr, perforating, general print jobs at trade houses.

I like the sound of the KM gear, but The X group can upgrade all the X units I have and more in the same deal.

I'm still weighing up which way to go leaning towards X as we come down to End of Year Deals for digital printers along with running our shop up to Christmas with rush at the moment.

Can anyone tell me the Colour Click rate in Australia for Km and X?

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back