FujiFilm XMF 5.0.1 - Alias Black to a spot colour??

matmac

Hi All,

Is there a way in XMF 5.0.1 to alias Black to a spot (PMS) colour?

I've been supplied a mono document that is required to print in a Spot colour. Going into the 'INKS' section for the job settings after adding the spot colour to the listing there is no (obvious) way to Map / Alias the Black separation to the spot colour. Yes, I can remap the colour through the proofing software to get the right proof result AND just image the black separation for the printer to use, but this will result in imaging a plate labelled as 'Black'. I'd prefer to remap in the software then image the plate with the correct separation label.

See image attached.

Thanks in Advance.

Matt.

Attachments

• XMF client 5.01 - Black separation remap?.psd
    182.2 KB · Views: 308
Hi Matt, There is currently no way of mapping black to a spot colour in XMF. However I have got around the issue of the plate label. In the management info or slugline (depending which one you use. I use management info personally) Uncheck the separation box and add in some operator text. See screenshot attached. Otherwise if this still doesn't go far enough for you I would convert the file in PitStop before dropping it on the rip.
Cheers
Chris
Screen Shot 2013-08-21 at 10.11.00 AM.png

This can be done by enabling the "Finished PDF/X" option. View the job settings and then click the "Finished PDF/X" tab (fourth tab along). If you enable either level 1 or level 2 then the controls for remapping any of the process colours are revealed.

This can be done by enabling the "Finished PDF/X" option. View the job settings and then click the "Finished PDF/X" tab (fourth tab along). If you enable either level 1 or level 2 then the controls for remapping any of the process colours are revealed.

Thanks for the reminder on that one. I have not used it in a production environment yet, probs why I forgot about that. There are a few caveat's with PDFX that should be taken into account and used with caution. but certainly a great feature of v5 that I had forgotten about. I will certainly try that one out soon.

a bit off topic, but is the upgrade to 5 worth the cash, im still running 3. something and it still goes great, if anyones got a pdf of the new features they could flick me that would be great.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back