Ganged label imposition software solution please.

Akumaownz

Hello all,

I am searching for some software that can automatically gang simple label impositions to a fixed width digital web printer.

For example this is the order

Type 1 = 1000
Type 2 = 1000
Type 3 = 1000
Type 4 = 6000

The type can fit across the web 4 times so this becomes the imposition.

Imposition 1 = 1000 run
Type 1 = 1up
Type 2 = 1up
Type 3 = 1up
Type 4 = 1up (first 1000 of type 4)

Imposition 2 = 1250 run
Type 4 = 4up (remaining 5000 of type 4)

I am also looking for something that can do this automatically from the required label quantities,(xml / excel etc).

I know that programs like metrix can probably do this but spending that much money seems like a hell of a lot of overkill for what is required.

ganged_demo.jpg

Metrix certainly has capabilities that go beyond the modest needs you're mentioning, but we do have two editions of Metrix that begin at a very low price, with some of the more advanced capabilities disabled. My guess is that figuring out these runs today takes good time and that comes at a cost. Add up how much time you'll be spending over the next 12 months and figure how much a solution is worth.

Metrix can easily import this type of data via .csv/xml and can in seconds calculate hundreds and possibly thousands of solutions, yielding the lowest cost solution. Our customers range from massive multi-plant sites, down to mom-and-pop shops - Metrix is a very scalable solution. I'd be happy to chat with you and see if one of our scaled back editions would be suitable. You can reach me at 623 (area code) 776.5031.

For digital web presses (continuous feed), Impostrip solutions lead the market. We are strategic partners with HP, IHPS, Ricoh InfoPrint, and Xerox to name a few.

To optimize your production, we offer several solutions that can be fully automated with XML data and our solutions start at only $990.

Contact me directly to arrange for a conference call and a complete license for evaluation purposes.
Ray Duval
raymond @ imposition.com

Ultimate Technographics
www. imposition .com

Thanks for the replies, again I think Metrix is too much for the very simple impositions I need to do. I don't need hundreds and possibly thousands of solutions, I just need one.

And I have actually talked to Ultimate before but I could not get the software to work the way I needed it to.

Maybe things have changed??

Thanks for the replies, again I think Metrix is too much for the very simple impositions I need to do. I don't need hundreds and possibly thousands of solutions, I just need one.

And I have actually talked to Ultimate before but I could not get the software to work the way I needed it to.

Maybe things have changed??

Sure did! ;-)
Version 7.2 of Impostrip OnDemand Digital Automation will do exactly what you want. An XML file containing some details will be required. Contact me directly through raymond @ imposition .com and we will setup a proof of concept demo. If OK, we will then be able to send a complete version for you to test (free).

I think I wasn't entirely clear. We calculate a great many potential options, but you won't see those options. You'll only see the best results, or if you like only the single, top result. It's simply the case that there may be multiple options, and we try a great number, using different algorithms. Sorry if it sounded more overwhelming than it is. ;-)

It may be that your needs are modest and Metrix is overkill. But it may also be the case that a lesser solution will not work as well as you need it to. I'd be happy to field any questions - just give me a call. 623 (area code) 776.5031.

Esko's Plato step and repeat software is made specifically for the Packaging and Label market. One of the available features is PowerOptimizer. Here's a link ---> PowerOptimizer (SmartLayout) - Esko
Based on the yields you want, the label sizes, the sheet size, and acceptable overages, PowerOptimizer will present you with several layout options to preview and choose from.
It works very well. Good luck with your search.

View the Layout movie here --> http://www.esko.com/en/Products/overview/plato/movies

Last edited:
Sure did! ;-)
Version 7.2 of Impostrip OnDemand Digital Automation will do exactly what you want. An XML file containing some details will be required. Contact me directly through raymond @ imposition .com and we will setup a proof of concept demo. If OK, we will then be able to send a complete version for you to test (free).

Hello Ray I emailed you a few days ago. Did you get it?

Depending on need, the cost of Metrix can be minimal. Happy to assist.

Jesse McKay
Metrix, North America
Direct Sales
(904) 567-6269

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back