General Advice on paper / canvas for printing?

DMP

Hello Everyone!,

Ok so I am totally new to the printing world. I am a photographer and have recently purchased a large format Epson 9800. I am finding my way around it slowly after numerous Google searches and a quick video tutorial or two.

My first question is if anyone knows of any good web sites (apart from this one) that will help me learn more about how to use this printer? I would also like to learn some dos and dont's that will ensure that I am familiar with my printer and understand the fundamentals!

My second question is about paper. I have no idea what papers are compatible with this printer and do not want to load the wrong type into it. I understand that I need Epson paper but what ones? It seems that every time I look I find another paper that was different from any I have seen on any of my previous searches! If I do 10 google searches I will find 20 different Epson papers! I am using K3 inks and want to print onto Canvas and luster papers of a high standard. I am looking to buy heavy duty luster paper that is capable of producing good colours. Also the same for the canvas.

Thank you very much in advance for any help :D,

Regards,

DMP

www (dot) signs101 (dot) com is a good place to learn wide format.

I like lexjet as a supplier of media, but that's state side.

Hello JustinB,

Thank's for the link look like a good site. I will search on there for some paper suggestions etc. :D

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back