Generating PPML documents

macinsmith

I'm a PPML nubie. I have an application where I'm trying to generate PPML documents for a PPML workflow on a high-end Xerox printer. I've read the PPML ref , PPML imposition and PPML templates document from PODI. What I would like is an example of how to generate Postscript commands and insert them into a PPML document in the <INTERNAL_DATA> stanza tag. I've tried base 64 encoding them too. I think I may be getting hung up on the <SUPPLIED_RESOURCE> stanza but I don't know what to put there since I don't what supplied resource needs to be included. I have no "Font" or "ProcSet" that needs to be included.

Does anyone have a "hello world" example using a simple Postscript document?

Sample PPML Document

Sample PPML Document

Are you having problems with PPML in general, or with PostScript? Is the RIP rejecting the file for some reason? For simple jobs, there's no need to use SUPPLIED_RESOURCE and the like.

Attached is a simple PPML document, with a "Hello world!" text in PS, positioned in an A4 page. Change the extension to "ppml".
The file validates against PODI's CheckPPML software (except for a single declaration "error"), so it should work on any PPML compliant RIP.

Attachments

• HelloWorld.txt
    446 bytes · Views: 203

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back