Glueing Sheets?

arossetti

Has anyone tried to glue two cover weight stocks together to make a customer DT stock?

This would be for small quantities 10-50 cut sheets at a time. Looking to glue to 100# coated cover sheets together, they would then be cut so it would need to hold up and not peel apart throughout the sheet.

I'm kind of thinking some kind of glue/paste that could be rolled on with a short nap paint roller.

And by glueing I mean gluing*

Last edited:
Has anyone tried to glue to cover weight stocks together to make a customer DT stock?

This would be for small quantities 10-50 cut sheets at a time. Looking to glue to 100# coated cover sheets together, they would then be cut so would need to hold up and not peel apart throughout the sheet.

I'm kind of thinking some kind of glue/paste that could be rolled on with a short nap paint roller.

We glue sheets together in order to make pull tabs. We use 100# gloss cover.

We print both sides of the bottom sheet, and on the top side we have guides showing where to glue, and just as importantly, where not to glue. Then we apply permanent adhesive tape, with tape guns. Finally we put them in an alignment jig and press them together. After that we die cut them, and trim them down to their final size.

There is another approach you could consider. We had a similar project and used a double sided adhesive film that stuck 2 pieces together. It was obviously less of a mess. (Hey that rhymes).

There is another approach you could consider. We had a similar project and used a double sided adhesive film that stuck 2 pieces together. It was obviously less of a mess. (Hey that rhymes).

Double sided tape is what we use in our guns.

You said "Short Run"
I've been know to apply spray mount to two sheets and align them together.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back