Recommended Light-Duty Professional Paper Cutter?

CliffSpielman

Thanks in advance for your input. I'm looking for a paper cutter that can comfortable cut 50-100 (more or less) 100# text weight or up to 100# cover stock. This may occur several times a day, or on some days not at all. The cuts are just straight lines, no need to follow any sort of pattern. It just needs to be fairly easy to use and with consistent results - even if I need to pad with blanks at top or bottom to get the best results. The option to cut thicker substrates such as 130# cover and also 10 mil synthetic stocks is desired as well.

I'm open to a manual guilletine (sp?) or an electric solution. Ideally it would not be a major equipment purchase and would be under $2K, but if I'm being unrealistic let me know.

Thanks in advance for your input. I'm looking for a paper cutter that can comfortable cut 50-100 (more or less) 100# text weight or up to 100# cover stock. This may occur several times a day, or on some days not at all. The cuts are just straight lines, no need to follow any sort of pattern. It just needs to be fairly easy to use and with consistent results - even if I need to pad with blanks at top or bottom to get the best results. The option to cut thicker substrates such as 130# cover and also 10 mil synthetic stocks is desired as well.

I'm open to a manual guilletine (sp?) or an electric solution. Ideally it would not be a major equipment purchase and would be under $2K, but if I'm being unrealistic let me know.

In a situation like this craigslist is your friend. You can pick up a challenge 20 or ideal cutter for 1k or under.

At first glance the Ideal 4705 manual cutter New is more expensive than the hydraulic Challenge 20 used. Interesting. These are good options for me to look further into, thanks. Ideally I can fit the long side of a 13x19 inch sheet in there. I forgot to mention that in my original post. I think between the two options mentioned, I'd go with the more accurate one.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back