Good news bad news on Kolh Madden ink

James Mason

Is anyone out here in print land using the Kolh Madden Freedom Series inks? for CYMK printing. if so are you having any problems with getting a smooth ink tranfer?
Are you dots round or are yours looking like ours jagged not sharp. Please recommend a good ink and fountain solotion that work together. The equipment is a Heidelberg SM-74
4/c 29 inch

James.

Great combinations for large presses

Great combinations for large presses

VanSon VS3 Inks Emerald Jr Fountain Solution Pressmax HDA 64 Alcohol Sub

We used these on our Heidelbergs, before we switched to Komori and they worked great. And they've worked great on our Komori's too. Alot of people don't know that VanSon makes an excellent large press ink. We were a Toyo house before and experienced a lot of roller stripping and glazing problems. These went away when we switched. Contact John Bendowski, National Sales Manager 1-800-645-4182

Ink & Fountain solution

Ink & Fountain solution

I use Kohl Madden Freedom series inks with Actega Kelstar Starfount SF-100 & HT-255(sub), & Kodak plates, on a SM-74 2 color. 75% of my jobs are 4 color short run, and the ink prints great, no complaints here.

Aronon HF Series

Aronon HF Series

Aronon HF series is the best four color sheet fed ink in the marketplace. Use whatever fountain solution you currently use. Best for printability, runnability and G7 certified. It has no equal on the planet. I have been involved in long term runs on multiple presses with all the players in the market worldwide and this ink is the best. K&M Freedom Series is an overpriced distant also ran. Would not rate it in the top 20 of ink series available. Guaranteed, truth. Free trial quantities available so you can see for yourself.

We run Hostmann Steinberg Impression series on our large format presses and Best One (Toka?) on our smaller machinery, and at my second workplace we run Toyo Hysin i think it is called...all pretty good inks give us no particular problems, tho the Hostmann tends to "fly" a little on the press meaning some cleaning of inking covers is required at end of shift...

D Ink Man... do Aranon have an Australian vendor? i dont think we would change but its always beneficial to try different inks, sometimes the differences can be amazing... we also use approx several tonnes of ink/month...

I would definitely try the Bestak from Toka, Top Level ink in Dallas handles this product
The Aronon is made by Dong Yang ? in Korea

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back