Gradients with XMPie UChart

ciaouzza

Variable Data Problem.
I am working with InDesign CS3 / XMPie, with UChart capabilities. I have a client request to have their bar charts have gradients in them. Complete document is built and works dynamically when switching between content entries. HOWEVER, they want the individual bars to have gradient fills. I have been trying different commands with the UChart "Enhanced Options" to achieve this, but I am failing..called Xerox XMPie support and they said exactly this:

"The only other thing I found was a Tween command, I don’t have full details on how it may work and if its not in the book I cant say that it is a supported command. It may work for you but you are on your own for testing.
/ColoList [ [25 93 66 8] Tween [100 73 0 2] ] - this may allow you to move from one color to another. I can not guarantee it will work for you, for supported commands refer to the document I provided. I think that s the best I can offer, if you are OK I am going to close the log on this one."

Not sure that I am applying this command (that he says he doesn't support) correctly? If you have a way to do this with UChart it would be greatly appreciated.

Thx, ciaouzza

Re Gradients with XMPie uChart

Re Gradients with XMPie uChart

You should maybe take a look at the ChartBot manual, you could find some very useful resources there that may assist you.

Regards
Alan

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back