Graphics Op - Mid North Shore, Sydney, NSW, Australia

Stephen Marsh

Job Title:
Graphics Operator

Job Description:
Full-time position in a small offset & digital print shop.

Start Date:
ASAP for January 2011

Job Location:
Mid North Shore, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Job Summary:
Designs, creates, modifies and prepares electronic files for offset & digital printing. Prints and finishes wide format inkjet posters and banners. May sometimes perform other related print shop duties as required.

Job Requirements:
* Able to follow verbal or written client briefs and/or job ticket instructions to design and or create electronic art files or modify existing art files for print production.

* Must be skilled in use of common graphics software including Adobe Creative Suite CS3 (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat Pro) and QuarkXPress 6 or 8. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office would also be an advantage.

* Must be able to troubleshoot client-supplied PDF or native files and have the ability to convert files into print ready PDFs or edit PDF files for both separated and composite workflows for press or digital printing.

* Able to create artwork for variable data printing using Adobe InDesign.

* Competent in layout and design skills with good typing, grammar and spelling.

* Fluent with both Macintosh OSX and PC Windows operating systems.

* Must be able to work unsupervised to deadlines.

* Ability to problem solve quickly and effectively.

* Good personal communication, computer ability and time-management skills.

Optional Requirements:
Experience with Press-sense iWay "web to print" software, with the ability to create variable templates and set-up other server side settings would be highly regarded.

Send me a private message.

NOTE: I am not the employer, I am the current graphics operator.

Regards,

Stephen Marsh

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back