Harlequin RIP! Help

HammadSheikh

Hi to All.
I have Herlequin Rip 5.5.

I was using on my Pc for output PS making printer of Agfa 44.

Now i have purchased Screen FTR-3050. n I just installed FTR-75 printer on my Window XP system for making PS files. But this printer is not showing PostScript Customs Size.

So when i make PDF files for my Rip, it change the original file name to some beta style. And the other problem is that it does not pick Pantone Colors.

Please Help me in this regards.

Thankz

Hi to All.
I have Herlequin Rip 5.5.

I was using on my Pc for output PS making printer of Agfa 44.

Now i have purchased Screen FTR-3050. n I just installed FTR-75 printer on my Window XP system for making PS files. But this printer is not showing PostScript Customs Size.

So when i make PDF files for my Rip, it change the original file name to some beta style. And the other problem is that it does not pick Pantone Colors.

Please Help me in this regards.

Thankz
I think this is the problem: your AGFA 44 and FTR 3050 have not same interface.

The driver/plugin in your RIP software would need to have the ability to output the FTR device. As long as you have this configured properly, you may only need an updated Postscript Printer Description (PPD) in order to create custom page sizes. You can download the RTI PPD which is a universal PPD and will work with almost any device. The link to download is on the following page:

RTI Harlequin RIP Technical Support - RTI Harlequin RIP Software Support PPD Download Tutorials

Again, this is just a PPD and INF file which will allow you to change the Print Driver creating the Postscript file to allow it to create custom page sizes. Output to the FTR would be done through the RIP which would need its own plugins or interface in order to image or transmit the data to the FTR.

The driver/plugin in your RIP software would need to have the ability to output the FTR device. As long as you have this configured properly, you may only need an updated Postscript Printer Description (PPD) in order to create custom page sizes. You can download the RTI PPD which is a universal PPD and will work with almost any device. The link to download is on the following page:

RTI Harlequin RIP Technical Support - RTI Harlequin RIP Software Support PPD Download Tutorials

Again, this is just a PPD and INF file which will allow you to change the Print Driver creating the Postscript file to allow it to create custom page sizes. Output to the FTR would be done through the RIP which would need its own plugins or interface in order to image or transmit the data to the FTR.

Dear RTI,

Thank for your Post. It solved almost my problem. RTI Kit printer is installed which give me custom page setting. And thus on my FTR-3050 offline machine i can set custom page size of almost 70.0".

Thank for Corporation.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back